another potty training q. - please help!?my

my daughter is 3 (b-day was in nov.) and we've been struggling w/ potty training since she was a little over 2, basically a whole year. bottom line is, she won't just TELL ME she has to pee...she ONLY pees in potty when she is running around w/ nothing at all on. i tried panties but she yanks them off right away, and pull-ups she just pees in not telling me she has to go. she will go if i MAKE her sit on portable potty (she won't even go on real toilet w/ Dora toilet seat) BUT she will do the entire ritual of getting out the stool, setting the seat up, sitting down but then JUMPING RIGHT UP and grabbing toilet paper w/out Peeing!! and pooping , please, we haven't even gotten to that yet! anyway if anyone has some words of wisdom please share!! i am left every day feeling absolutely horrible about all of this; i feel like i have not trained correctly. yes, did the rewards and all that...thanks!!:) sorry so long

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Have tried telling that Princess's pee and pop on the potty. Remind her she a big girl and if wants to be in the big girl club she needs start using the potty.

Not to sound Harsh but you might have to start making her stand in time out when she makes accidents. Too me Your Daughters Knows what exactly what she is doing and she has you wrap around her fingures. Make her wear her panties.

If you use sippy cups take them away and start with little regular cups. Make a big deal now that she's not a baby she's a big girl.

NO more pull ups. Your making that too easy for her.
    Anonymous

• have you tried takin her to a store and letting her pick out her own undies, with her favorite special design on them?? i did that with my daughter and it worked great! she chose strawberry shortcake ones...and i would just remind her all day long, until she got the idea not to get strawberry shortcake wet..and she didnt..i also rewarded her to..one smartie if she went peeps, 2 smarties if she went poops..worked like a charm!!!!!!!! i also told her that if she wanted to go to preschool...(and she TOTALLLLY did) that she had to make sure she didnt pee her panties, or they wouldnt let her come back,,(which is true, cuz she had to be fully potty trained to enter) so, you couold try that, if preschools an option for you..and then just keep reminding her that, like whoever her favrite cartoon character is, dora, princess, elmo, whoever, just remind her that they pee on the toilet to, they dont go in their panties!! good luck!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• ..i guess im gonna be classified as the mean parent.. i did this with both of my kids..my 2 yr old had the same problem with not telling me she had to go..she'd go every time i made her sit on the potty though..she got alot of praise when she did go on the potty and she got a spanking when she wet herself..took about a week for her to get it, but she got it..i know its the 'mean' approach, but it worked with my kid.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:15 AM on Jan. 30, 2009