My dd is scaring me

my dd is acting way out of character, shes going to cut her hair into a pixie cut (never once has she wanted to) she got 5 piercings in both ears in one day last week, and has a huge back piece tattoo outline that she got 2 weeks ago and is going back in today to get color, she even went out and pierced her nose twice on one side on Saturday, she has never once said she wanted any of these things, shes a new mom and im afraid shes going to go crazy and hurt her baby (i know a weird fear but shes never acted like this)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Jun. 5, 2012 in Adult Children (18+)

• All of those things are skin deep, so to speak, so I'm not sure why you think they translate to her harming her child.

Have you talked to her to see what's going on? How old is she?
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 1:24 PM on Jun. 5, 2012

• Why do you think these changes can result in harming a child?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:30 PM on Jun. 5, 2012

• None of that shows signs of her wanting to hurt her child.. why don't you just talk to her first before jumping to conclusions..
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 1:31 PM on Jun. 5, 2012

• i have talked to her she says she just wants them, and shes 19
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2012

• Well then there you have it.. As long as her child is taken care of
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 1:37 PM on Jun. 5, 2012

• It sounds like she's trying to assert her own identity after becoming a young mother.
    This doesn't mean that she wants to hurt her on child though. She just wants to do something just for her, that makes her feel like "herself".
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:44 PM on Jun. 5, 2012

• she's a new young mom, she may be feel like she's lost herself a little. I was 22 when I became a mom, and as much as I loved my DD I was upset at being done with college and missing all my friends who still weren't done or had finished as they planned and moving on to their careers and masters.\She may just be trying to claim her youth/identity, still fit in with friends etc. As long as baby is taken care of, and make sure she's truly okay (no drugs, spending $ she doesn't have) maybe you can discuss her goals with her? she may want to speak with a therapist about postpartum/motherhood, don't push her into it but maybe suggest it at an appropriate time and with an offer to care for baby while she goes to an appt.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 1:45 PM on Jun. 5, 2012

• Oh and short hair is very common after becoming a new mom, since babies tend to grab & pull hair. ^^^
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2012

• How do you get all those changes that she will harm her child? Maybe she is just going through a phase.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 5, 2012

• Aww he'll I'm 31 and just on whims go get pierced lol.. I not want o harm any of my kids. Sometimes when you become a mom you feel like you have lst yourself, maybe she's just going through a phase. I just had my dd 4 mths ago and chopped my md back length hair into a super short cut. It's not bnrmal. If she's caring or her kiddo I wouldn't worry to much
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 2:37 PM on Jun. 5, 2012