• In the Spotlight:

night time feedings?

My husband and I used to take turns feeding our son at night but now for some reason I simply do not wake up anymore when he cries. We usually co-sleep but I still don't hear him wake up. My husband says its like I'm in a coma. He has tried waking me up for my turn but I just cuss at him in my sleep and roll back over so he has decided its easier to just take care of James himself. He is becoming very bitter about it and just can't function during the day because he is so tired. I take a nap everyday so I shouldnt be overtired yet I am exhausted and have no energy in spite of sleeping 9 hours a night plus a 2 hour nap. Does anyone know what the problem could be? How do I fix it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Go see your doctor. Sleeping this deeply when you co-sleep is not safe, and needing this much indicates something's not right. Eleven hours out of 24 is too much sleep!

Is it possible you're pregnant again?

Answer by gdiamante at 12:01 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• oh my goodness.. thats crazy that your co-sleeping and not waking up... i'm co-sleeping myself, and wake up even when he just turns over or kicks with his feet... i recommend co-sleeping to almost anyone, but i have to admit, you really should consider not co-sleeping because if your that asleep that you don't even hear him cry, you could easily roll onto him and smother him. you have to be careful about those sorts of things.. secondly, you should be in tune with your baby.. one thing that could help would be opening a window at night, even when its 20 degrees.. just bundle... fresh air can help to not let you be "passed out" they even recommend it with babies.. or, set an alarm to wake up and feed him when he usually wakes up.. but you shouldn't treat your hubby that way if you even get to nap, not even people who aren't mothers need that much sleep!!! usually it means they're depressed if they're always that tired!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I completely agree with the above answer. You should talk to your doctor. It could be from post pardom depression. But if I were you id set an alarm to wake up about the time your baby usually does, and I wouldnt cosleep, you wouldn't want something bad to happen.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 12:23 AM on Jan. 30, 2009