How much milk should a 15 month old drink in a day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Too me it doesn't make a difference how much they drink.
    I have two year old drinks a Gallon a day. He also drinks alot of water too!
    Now My Niece who is 15 months.
    She gets one 8 0z sippy cup of milk in the morning,lunch,dinner,Naptime,and at bed time. In between she gets water or Juice.
    Anonymous

• If you want them to eat morn solid food you really shouldn't give them to much. I believe its ten oz a day but I can't remember something along the lines of that. Me two year old started drinking alot of milk and got to where she would eat solid foods but she was still healthy so just want you think maybe some in the morning, naptime, and bed time is what I would do.
    mrs.blankenship

Answer by mrs.blankenship at 12:25 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• if your kiddo is too full after drinking milk to eat then...i would think about switcing from whole milk to 2% or from 2% to 1% or reduced.....that way he/she isn't so full....or don't give him milk until he/she eats a little first if it's meal time....and i would say 8-12ozs would be okay. hope this helps!
    mamaoftwins0107

Answer by mamaoftwins0107 at 2:05 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• At my son's 15 month appointment earlier this month, the pediatrician said he should be drinking 16 to 24 ounces of milk per day.
    muse76

Answer by muse76 at 10:18 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I belong to the WIC program and thought that children should drink milk as much as they wanted. According to them I'm wrong. My nutritionist said she should only have 2 -8 oz bottles or sippy cups a day. one in the morn and one at night.. my dd is not over weight so I disagree I give her 1 -am , 1 after lunch and 1 at night.
    BxMetroMom718

Answer by BxMetroMom718 at 11:43 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• you're supposed to limit them to 16-20 oz. per day
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 10:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• "They" say it's supposed to be whole milk (up to 2 yrs old) and between 16-20 oz per day. Hope this helps! :0)
    allaboutcallie

Answer by allaboutcallie at 10:45 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• We'll I give my son 24 oz of milk a day.. Some days more than other.. My son is a 35lb one year old.. He isn't over weight. And eats just fine.
    Sgrommet84

Answer by Sgrommet84 at 2:48 AM on Feb. 28, 2014