Christian Moms- Help!?

I'm 20 years old and married and we have a 20 month old daughter who was concieved out of wed lock. through out my whole pregnancy i was plagued by irrational thoughts that God "was out to get me", i felt so guilty yet i prayed over and over for forgiveness. i recently prayed to God for another baby and within a few months God blessed me with a positive pregnancy test. I almost am feeling the same way i did before. im scared to lose my pregnancy for no reason and im always thinking negatively. instead of feeling like God gave me another healthy pregnancy so far, i think maybe God just wanted me to get pregnant so something could go wrong to teach me a lesson or to punish me. i cant stop thinking so irrationally even when i pray. I LOVE THE LORD AND AM SO GRACIOUS FOR ALL HE HAS DONE. But i countinue to be plagued by these thoughts. Any suggestions or advice? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You will never believe this but I did the exact same thing. I kept the heaviness of guilt for 12 long years thinking that God was unhappy with me because of my slip up. I felt He would never use me in his kingdom and that everything bad that happend to me was my "punishment" I recently talked about it with my new Pastor, I never really talked about it before. He assured me that God does not punish because of a character flaw that he has forgiven you for. He will allow you to see what can happen to you if you walk in the carnal and use that for a testimony for another young lady you see walking down the same road. After we had that talk it felt as though a 1000 lb weight was lifted off me. I can now look forward with anticipation in my spiritual walk knowing that is all forgotten. I just have to forgive myself. Forgive yourself and move on.
    Anonymous

• Honey don't worry yourself sick. Its just hormones.  Enjoy your blessings and stop worrying so much

Anonymous

• Its normal to worry-its your baby.Focus on the beautiful gift God has given you already(your daughter).God has a plan for you-as all of us -just trust in him.Focus on the good as much as possible-if it helps keep a daily journal of your blessings.Good luck!
    soldiersgirl531

Answer by soldiersgirl531 at 11:54 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• When you asked God to forgive you, He did. Pray. Tell God your feelings. Let Him comfort you.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 11:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• God doesn't want us to hurt. God is not evil and he does not plot against his children. God is the ultimate forgiver. Love him and sing his praises and he will bless you and your family beyond belief. Have faith that he will bless and watch over your family. I'm sorry you feel this way, but I promise you need to forgive yourself as well. *hugs*
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 11:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• God forgives us when we ask Him to with a repentant heart. It sounds to me like you haven't forgiven yourself. The Bible tells us when God forgives us he no longer remembers the sin. Hunny God is never out to get us. Our God doesn't sit there in Heaven with a big bucket of lighting bolts waiting to kill our children or ourselves. If anyone telles you He is they are very wrong. When you pray thank God for forgiving you. Ask Him to help you forgive yourself. praying

Gramy6

Answer by Gramy6 at 12:05 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Those negative thoughts and feelings of fear are not from God, He doesn't condemn, satan does. When they come on you, just get in the Word and use it against satan, the author of lies. God is all about restoration, not isolation and condemnation. Accept God's forgiveness and His favor! You have been blessed by Him! He doesn't give you things just to take them away to punish you. He wants to bless you. Let Him use your past to make you stronger and wiser, and you use your past to minister and bless others.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 12:18 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• god has forgiven you, if you've asked..now its time to forgive yourself. give that irrational thinking up to god. enjoy the promises of new life he's blessing you with, girl! god is good and only wants good for you and your babies...live in the fullness of his grace and mercy!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:25 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Thanks So much you girls are such a blessing and always make me feel better!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• First of all dont think like that. That is nothing but the devil putting that in your head... The bible says ask you u shall resive. GOd would not give you something you want so bad and take it away that is not the God I know please have FAITH and pray to God and let him know how you feel. He knows what you think before you think it remember that... SO dont think stuff like that.. HE is a great God and would not do anything to hurt you.. God bless you sister
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:39 AM on Jan. 30, 2009