Primerica???

I'm needing some information from people that have dealt with this company. If its a scam and what it is exactly!!

sunnidays

Asked by sunnidays at 11:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• DH and I have a term life insurance policy through Primerica. The company's been aroud for a long time and I've no reason to believe it's a scam. (Of course, we haven't tried to collect on our policies, seeing as we're both still alive! **grin**)

Answer by gdiamante at 11:54 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• All I know is that everyone I know who has dealt with them says to stay away. It's a huge scam.
    Anonymous

• Google Primerica fraud. It sounds like a scam, so I would watch out.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 12:05 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• We tried it...scam
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 1:28 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Its not a scam, but the whole premise is to get YOU to sell insurance (gather all your friends and family, who already have insurance, and if they don't its b/c they can't afford it anyway) so stay away from a business that requires you to sell for them. If you are NOT already a proven salesman then you won't be able to sell this. Believe me, the person who is trying to get you to do this, is a better salesperson than you!!

I can't figure out why people who really need money get sucked into sales job. If you are suited for sales, then you would be working down at the local retail store or the car lot, but see, they don't make much money either and no one really wants to get in peoples face, or make their family run away when they see you coming, b/c they are afraid you are going to sell them something. I have family that has already tried this AND Monovie. Poor choice of income.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:31 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• It is not a scam. What primerica does is real and is a true and proven system. Most people that say it is a scam or it does not work are people that, 1) Did not stick around long enough to get liscensed and build their business, 2) Did not apply themselves, or put forth effort, bc it is far from a get rich scheme, or 3) Maybe they are just not fit for the job, it requires work and dedication just like any other job. Its is set up just like just like real-estate or avon. But really when you think about it no matter what job you go to there is someone above you that makes more money and someone above him that makes more money and so on until you get to the top. I will say that the job is not for everyone, but it is far from a scam there are alot of people that make alot of money in it but work very hard for as far as they have gotten and have alot of freedom in the company. Dont believe everything you read on the internet.
    Dana66

Answer by Dana66 at 12:19 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• And just for a little more info, When 9-11 happened and the president claimed it was an act of war, 90% of insurance policies that would have been paid out, didnt pay out because they have a rider/provision that stated that they did not have to pay out if the Insured person died as a result of an act of war or military of some kind. Primerica on the other hand, does not have that provision and they started paying out on policies Immediately and the gov. had to make the other insurance companies follow suit due to the nature of the event. Primerica is NOT a scam, they are actually a part of Citi Corp (largest financial company in the world) and that is who their mortgages and auto/home insurance goes through. You are offered the opportunity to join the company while you are signing up to purchase life insurance because who wouldnt want to be financially independent? You have to work it like a business though.
    sophiemomo1

Answer by sophiemomo1 at 1:34 PM on May. 26, 2009