when is it safe?

i wanted to know how old a baby has to be to go on a airplane? Is it good for them as a baby or kid to be elevated at such a high extreme ?

josalin

Asked by josalin at 12:06 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well they can fly at any time. With all the germs I wouldn't recommend before 6 months because of the immune system. I flew with my daughter at 7.5 months with no adverse effects. We went to germany. 15 hours total travel time lol.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:09 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• thanks
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 12:10 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• i got on a plane with my daughter when she was 6 weeks, she surprisingly did really well, didn't cry once, I'm hoping this next time she will be the same :) also what can help is if you choose a time where your baby takes her nap, that way she sleeps through it :)
    Trinity32188

Answer by Trinity32188 at 12:31 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• You can take your baby on a plane at any time, I would recommend using a paci when the plane is taking off and landing, the sucking will keep her ears from popping.

sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:49 AM on Jan. 30, 2009