Would you go camping with a 10 month old?

im only asking because my exdh is taking my dd and my grandson out to the lake next to bullhead city arizona this weekend, we never went camping with her until she was 5, we have taken her to that lake though since she was 4 months, i just dont think its a good idea to take babies that young out boating and camping

i read its going to be 102 the day they are going out, and 99 the day they are coming home, the wind is going to be 18 miles an hour and they are going to be sailing....would you take a 10 month old out in those conditions?

i forgot to add her fiance is going also and has never been camping nor boating a day in his life

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Jun. 5, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• Absolutely, the earliest we have taken them camping is three weeks old.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:49 PM on Jun. 5, 2012

• It is the great outdoors and fresh air. They just need to make sure the little one doesn't get that much sun. My baby is the same age and has been camping 9 or 10 times so far. It is the beat family time.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:51 PM on Jun. 5, 2012

• Why not, I'm taking my 5 month old
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:53 PM on Jun. 5, 2012

• Personally, I wouldn't.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 8:53 PM on Jun. 5, 2012

• Not in that heat,no

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2012

• The only thing that would bother me about that is the heat. It seems really high, but I know DH would tell me just to make sure everyone stayed hydrated and we would all be fine.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:00 PM on Jun. 5, 2012

• Do _you think it will be unsafe?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:01 PM on Jun. 5, 2012

• Sounds like the answer is NO a 10 month old should not go camping, the main reason I say this is the heat. However if the toddler likes the water and there is plenty of shade that would be a good activity for a while. Will there be a camper with air conditioning, or tent camping, yay and nay respectively. If it was my child and I was not going to be present while boating it would be a definite no.
    Criselen

Answer by Criselen at 9:02 PM on Jun. 5, 2012

• Yes. 6 months is the youngest we have taken camping, but my parents took my baby bro camping when he was only 7 weeks.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 9:03 PM on Jun. 5, 2012

• @criselen no they'll be sleeping on the sail boat i think my dd said it has 2 beds and 2 couches but the boat doesnt have ac
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Jun. 5, 2012