Obama's officials told citi group what?

Did Obama do the right thing or should he have let them buy the jet?

Obama Officials Tell Citibank To Ditch Plans For $50 Million Private Jet
According to a report from ABC News, President Obama is not taking kindly to corporate greed, especially when it's funded by taxpayer money. Read more from ABC here:

The high-flying execs at Citigroup caved under pressure from President Obama and decided today to abandon plans for a luxurious new $50 million corporate jet from France...

ABC News has learned that Monday officials of the Obama administration called Citigroup about the company's new $50 million corporate jet and told execs to "fix it."

On Monday, the news broke that bailed out bank was going through with its $50 million private jet purchase even though it had recieved $45 billion in government funds:

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Perhaps if the Bush administration had put some conditions on the initial bailout funds Obama wouldn't have had to tell those asshats something so obvious.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:32 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• It was probably bad PR but when you take from the government the government gets to tell you what to do (lots of colleges have learned this the hard way).

But that doesn't change the fact that Obama's a little pissant who has already started to throw his weight around in a very unpleasant way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I think it's great that he interfere. they should not have even consider buying that jet. I don't see it as President Obama throwing his weight around. I see it as taking steps that the money is properly used
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• It is ridiculous for them to even consider buying a jet when they just had to ask for a bailout! IDIOTS! This is the first move of Obama's that I have really really liked.... Good for him calling them out on it!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 1:28 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• How is he throwing his weight around in an unpleasant way? I think it is good that he is making sure the banks that asked for bailouts aren't using the funds for frivolous things.  Really is a $50 million jet a necessity?  They wanted to use tax payer's money the government should have a say in how it is spent.

LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:11 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Good for him!! How in the world is that throwing his weight around?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:55 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• GOBAMA!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:55 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Are people SERIOUSLY being pissy about the fact that he told the bank it COULDN'T USE TAXPAYER MONEY TO BUY A PRIVATE JET. What on earth could you be mad about. I know when I loan out mmoney to people cause they NEED it, I don't want to see them spend it on a new Gucci Purse rather than buy groceries for their kids and pay rent.

Good for him! I hope the next thing he does is tell the gasoline compaines that they can't give out bonuses larger than many people annual salaries. I'm really sick of our gas prices going up while each of their execs gets millions in bonuses.
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 5:37 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Not only did Citigroup want to buy a jet worth more than their bailout money, they wanted to buy it from France. Are you kidding? Ever hear of Boeing or any of the other US companies that make very nice airplanes? Go Obama! (I have friends who work at Boeing)
    Anonymous