What was playing when your DH proposed? How did he propose?

It was Thanksgiving night. We'd spent the entire day with his family. We went back to my house, had a couple of drinks and I started playing pool. He stayed in the other room, just laying on the floor and staring at me. Finally, after a couple of games & him just watching me, a certain song came on and he got up, took the CD out of the player, took it too the bedroom and put it back in & put it on repeat, came back & got me by the hand, led me to the bedroom and kissed me longer than I've ever been kissed. When we were just about to make love.... he reached under the pillow and pulled the ring out. We made love all night long as that same some played over and over... the song..... Waiting For a Girl Like You (Foreigner). It was perfect because he was 38 and had never married... he had been waiting a long time.

PaceMyself

Asked by PaceMyself at 12:31 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well the bath water was running and he just asked me.
    mamaof2boys148

Answer by mamaof2boys148 at 10:14 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• The first time we were at the mall and passed the jewelery store and my BF just came out and said "I want to marry you, lets go buy a ring.. you can pick out" lol
    With my daughters father, he took me to "our spot," a cute little beach with a big windmill that we always went to to hangout, talk, have sex (haha) etc when we first started dating. He got on one knee and told me he loved me and he never wanted to get married before he met me. 2 months later.... I was prego!!!!!!
    AriMicSun

Answer by AriMicSun at 12:44 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Ribbon in the Sky by Stevie Wonder. DH had the live band play and he proposed on stage.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:09 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• It was at a really nice place so there was violin music playing. It was Feb. 14 2006. He kept getting up to got the bathroom lmao. I thought he was gonna ditch me. When he got back he said "Will you" I said will I what. "Will you marry me" Then he got down on one knee and put the ring on. He was shaking soooo bad. Ya I cried!! Then we lft and my whole family knew by the end of the night!
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 2:13 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• My ExBF Wrote It In The Sand On The Beach At Sunset.

My ExDH Asked Me Two Weeks After Dating In A Hallway At Work, Rod Stewart Was Playing

My SO Mentioned It V-Day 2007, I Got Preggo With DD That Day, He Proposed Fathers Day 2007
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 3:01 AM on Jan. 30, 2009