Bottle Feeding

Is it bad if you don't hold your child EVERY time they eat? Especially if they hold there own bottle? I hold my son alot, but when I don't my MIL flips out on me aying i should ALWAYS hold him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think theres anything wrong with it. A lot of people who are older are weird like that. My grandma wont let my mom hold my DD without a "sterile" towel draping her first. it pisses my mom off. Shes sooo concerned about everything. I just wouldn't let him lay totally flat cuz then you worry about ear infections and things like that. do what you think is best for your baby. Its not up to your MIL> Or to keep her quiet just hold him when shes around.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:36 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I say as long as they're not laying flat and you're watching them at all times...do whatever you need to. Don't worry about your MIL flipping out...my mom freaks about a lot of stuff I do =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:43 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• You don't have to hold them everytime, but you will be missing out on the opportunity to bond with them during that time. Of course, you can always hold them whenever you want, but part of the feeding process is the physical connection, too. Even if you are bottle feeding.
    MamaSueCongdon

Answer by MamaSueCongdon at 5:14 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• There is nothing wrong with not holding him every time Tell your MIL to calm down.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:47 AM on Jan. 30, 2009