Help how can i lose

30 pounds for a wedding in may i want to do it safely i work out every day and eat healthy what else can i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• eat lots of fruits, veggies and whole grains. drink LOTS of water. try to do at least 30-45 min. of cardio a day.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:38 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Check out the Transitions Life Style system I lost 27 inches and 30 lbs in 12 weeks and I ate alot of food. www.marketamerica/bvwolfe/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• If you have stairs at your house--get a 20 pound weight vest and walk them!!!!! I got a good deal on a weight vest off eBay--it can be from 0-20 pounds. I LOVE it. I can go to the gym, crank up the treadmill all the way to 15% incline and walk at 3.0 miles for 60 minutes. But wearing my weight vest and doing my stairs--I was "done" in less than 30:-) I also have a wedding in June and this is really kicking my butt--in a good way. I tried to do a squat at the top and at the bottom--NOT happening:-) Wow:-)

Anonymous

• Drink a lot of water.
    Anonymous

• Add in some push ups for the arms:-) I also eat a lot of fruit, veggies, and greens. I drink two green smoothies a day---kale, carrot tops, apple, chard, beet, beets tops---you can use a lot of different stuff. And my energy is great:-) A good book on why to drink greens is called Green for Life. BUT you do need a heavy duty blender like Vita Mix. I put off for years buying one---I finally splurged and have used it almost daily for over 7 years. My kids all drink fruit drinks--the daughter is venturing into greens:-) But I love the weight vest and my Vita Mix--Blend Tec is another good blender. You can also check out greensmoothiegirl.com.

Anonymous

• When it's really time to lose weight for me, I am a calorie counter.  Portion control is my biggest problem, so I go with Slim Fast shakes and bars, Healthy Choice dinners, and plenty of water.  I allow myself unlimited vegetables (broccoli, carrots, corn, green beans, and peas) with lunch and dinner to get that full feeling so I'm not tempted to snack.  I drink a full glass of water before and after each meal too.  I also commit to one hour of daily exercise, usually a hike up a steep trail that gets my heart pumping.  My weight goal this time is 120 pounds, so with my daily exercise, I will reach that goal by eating about 1500 calories a day.

FreeHomeBiz

Answer by FreeHomeBiz at 1:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I love sparkpeople.com its a great calorie counter site.
    momto4boys03-07

Answer by momto4boys03-07 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• im on the slim fast diet it works great
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• The problem with liquid diets is that once you go off the weight comes back on. It takes changing your lifestyle so you don't yo-yo. How long have any of you that have used Slim Fast actually kept the weight off? I have been tempted to try SF, but it seems like an unhealthy way to go--any thoughts?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• If you have time, I would recommend weight watchers. With the proper diet and some exercise you could def lose that much weight by then. I lost 30 lbs in 4 or less months.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 10:26 PM on Jan. 31, 2009