Hmmm

I need advice i bought a puppy akc...for 150 well two days later she drops the price to just 50 dollars, i told her i want my 100 dollars back and she keep the 50 for the puppy, or get a refund and give the dog back,her husband said no keep the puppy we will give u the 100 dollars back i said fine i get an email of her cussing me out,
saying because with trouble i have caused i will not get the dogs akc papers

and the trouble that i caused was because obviously she dropped the price so drastic she must have desperate to get rid of them she should get her dog fixed if she cannot sell them at the correct price, she was cussing me out and everything never agian lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Pets

• No i paid with cash OP and i dont care about the akc papers that much anymore.
    if i got this dog out of this ladies house thats good enough for me i dont even think she had them in the first place although i am reporting to the akc for having so many dogs!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• What's the question?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I dont believe you should have ask for your money back thats just me its like if the store has a sale you cant just bring it back and say hi i want half my money back.. but i dont think she should have answered like that either..
    Anonymous

• i heard a similar question where the woman wrote a post dated check. are you that lady?
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:30 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I breed dogs. If we do not sell a dog by the time the others go home, we lower the price on the last one. That is not for me but the for the puppy that is here by their self. I still would of collected the full amount from the others. It is not an uncommon practice. Unfortunately for you that is a common practice. If you report her to AKC they will tell you the same thing. As far as your papers though she cannot keep them from you. That is of course if you have papers (bill of sale) for the puppy.
    connietrrll

Answer by connietrrll at 4:05 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Wow I can't believe you had the nerve to ask for the money back. You agreed to the price and sometimes that's just the way the cookie crumbles. You owe them people an apology. You are only reporting them to the AKC because you are angry with her. The folks we got our pup from years ago had 12 dogs atleast. If they take care of them the AKC isn't going to do anything and you are going to look like a idiot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Even if you do contact the AKC, they can't take away the fact that the breeder is raising registered dogs. There's nothing they could do about it. As far as your dog goes, if you have the dog, and a bill of sale, you ought to be able to get the registration papers.

Did you make the initial purchasing agreement with her, or with her husband? If you made the deal with her husband, then you can take his word for it that you can have your money back. However, if my husband sold one of our aussie puppies for 100 less than the others without consulting me, I would have an issue with it. So please, consider the arguement they're going to have over this fit you're throwing.

But no, you should not ask for your money back, and you should not expect it unless the husband and wife can agree on it. You bought the puppy for 150, (AKC registered, for 150, I'd feel blessed at the opportunity!) you get the 150 puppy. Sorry... JMO.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I can't believe that you would pay $150 for a dog just because it has papers when there are dogs in pounds who are great dogs that need homes that usually only cost about $75 and they are vet checked, current on shots, microchiped, and fixed. Where else can you get a deal like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jan. 31, 2009