My daughter is 1 and a picky eater...Help!

So my daugher just turned 1 and I have trouble getting her to eat a lot of things. She has serious problems with getting constipated really easily but she loves pasta and other carbs that obviously don't help the issue. I don't know what to do to get her to eat other things, and try other things. She doesn't like raisins, apple juice, and other things that would help with her problem. She loves pasta, potatoes, and cheerios. Is this normal for a 1 year old to be so picky? What can I do?

Bamzakarat

Asked by Bamzakarat at 1:22 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My DD gets sick of food really fast. She went through a grapes stage, an apple stage, a banana stage, etc. Just keep trying different foods. If you can, don't offer her cheerios, potatoes, or pasta anymore. DD loves yogurt, grapenuts, and blueberries. Grapenuts are high in fiber which should help with constipation. Oatmeal is high in fiber too. I try to make sure DD has vegetables or fruit with every meal. She also has pasta. We will put cherry tomatoes, tomatoes sauce, green peppers finely chopped, or squash. She may not love it at first, but keep offering different foods. If I remember right, it takes 10 - 15 tries for kids to like new foods.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 1:29 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• My dd is the same way!!!! She turned 2 in OCT. but has always been a picky eater. she love breads & also has constipation issues.. she loves fruit but hates meat & veggies. I wish I knew what to do with her. Her father is a very picky eater. and i dont want her to grow up with his eating habits, he is 25 & is borderline high cholesterol.

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:33 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• At that age things really start to become fun and a whole new world around them..and, things get old fast. Just like with adults change is good and healthy too. Try making something like a grill chesse and useing a cookie cutter to cut it into fun shapes..or you can buy Chicken nuggets in fun shapes..Shapes make everyting fun..and it is a fun learning tool as well..ABC's, Shapes, Animals.. if someting looks different then the way the are use to seeing them.then the more fun it can me..

I know I put the word FUN in alot..but at their FUN IS A GOOD THING!!
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 30, 2009