how can i get more energy??

ever since i had my son i have been really tired, i wake up tired i can barely get myself up and dressed to go any where, and by the time he goes to bed i am so ready i don't even feel like doing anything. please help me!!

njustice

Asked by njustice at 1:34 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You sound like me! Is your LO not sleeping through the night? Are you getting enough iron?
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 1:35 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Are you taking a multivitamin? I take one at bedtime and by morning Im good to go for the rest of the following day. You also need adequate sleep and rest.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 1:47 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• ithink your problem is iron i have the smae problem always tired
    i mean really draggin and ive only gotten up get you iron checked you may be as low as i was last year and i had to have an iron transfusion email me or pm me please about this
    pinky91

Answer by pinky91 at 1:52 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• You need vitamins AND try and force yourself to get up in the morning and do some exercise, it's going to be hard the first days or week or so, but you'll see how after that, you'll get more energy throughout the day. Eat lots of apples!!!!
    promisenatalia

Answer by promisenatalia at 2:01 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• All four answers above are good. If you try those suggestions and don't feel better, see your doctor.
    dihalu

Answer by dihalu at 3:14 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Also exercising will give you more energy. I know, the thought of exercising when you are tired seems painful!! But it is effective! I put my daughter in the stroller and go power walking. I always feel energized afterwards.
    GoGreenMom68

Answer by GoGreenMom68 at 7:09 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I am always tired too. When I was pregnant with my oldest my iron level was down around 7 so my dr put me on iron pills. I am still taking them 3 years later but it doesnt seem to help. I was sooo tired this morning when I got up so I made myself clean and surprisingly I dont feel too bad. Within the last 3 weeks I started actually making breakfast for my daughters (pancakes, french toast, eggs, etc.) and I think it has helped me a little bit by getting up and being extremely active first thing in the morning. Before I would just put some bread in the toaster because my girls love bread and they were happy. But now they are loving the variety of breakfast. My youngest has 3 teeth now so she is enjoying being able to actually eat these foods. Exercise and being active; play with your kids first thing in the morning. You will feel better and they will enjoy the mommy time.
    agrafel

Answer by agrafel at 9:49 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• My iron level was at 15.6 and im still tired. So sometimes that doesnt have anything to do with it. Force yourself to go out. Even if its just to window shop at the mall. Getting fresh air helps me and getting up and moving. The days I stay in the house Im tired and lazy.
    slelam

Answer by slelam at 10:34 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I agree with all these women and need to do the same.. except i have noticed that I make an extra round of coffee in the afternoon.. until my hubby gets home haha!
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 2:00 PM on Jan. 30, 2009