anyone else have a kid born with a hypospadias?

My son was born with a hypospadias. he has had 2 surgeries and soon to be another one. Just wanting information from anyone else as to how many surgeries that there little one had to endure.

mamaoftwins0107

Asked by mamaoftwins0107 at 1:49 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Kids' Health

• my brother was born with one.. it was off to the side. as far as i know, he only had one surgery.

now im worried my youngest son who is only 2 weeks old has this as well.. but it points down instead of to the side. i really hope its not bad enough to where he will have to go through surgery.. i wish you and your son the best and i hope things work out.. good luck and hang in there!
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 4:59 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• My son is 11 months old and was born with hypospadias, chordee and inguinal hernia. He had surgery for the hernia when he was 3 months old and his hypospadias/chordee surgery at 7 months old. I saw that you joined the group Inguinal Hernia and Hypospadias Support Group. All of the moms in the group are very supportive and will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

sweetpeasmom1

Answer by sweetpeasmom1 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• What is it? I have never heard of it?
    MOTIVESMOMMY

Answer by MOTIVESMOMMY at 2:43 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• well, little tony's hypospadias was at the bottom of the shaft....just barely above the scrotum....he also had chordee....and at the 2nd surgery they tried to fix chordee by using a stich some how....but it didn't work...so they are going to do that again....and also the dr at cooks saw from a test that was done that his uretha he was born with (up to where the hypospadias was originally) was much larger that the urethra that they build during his 1st urological surgery from his skin from circumcision....so they are going to dialate that part of his urethra............we just found out today that the surgery was approved by our insurance!! i am so stoked!!
    mamaoftwins0107

Answer by mamaoftwins0107 at 11:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2009