For Non-Vaxing Mommies

I am curious. If you go the route of non-vaccinations, how do you get your kids in school? Or do you all homeschool?

AnnieMcD

Asked by AnnieMcD at 1:57 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• all schools having a form you can sign saying that you dont vax. usually its for religious beliefs but it can be own personal belief that its best for your child. they shouldnt ask questions as long as you sign!
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:58 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• YEAH EVERY SCHOOL in every state has the exemption form to fill out. they have to accept your child at a public school if they are not vaccinated and you have this form filled out. otherwise the are breaking the law and discriminating.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:02 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• My 18yo isn't fully vaxed for medical reasons. He had a severe and almost fatal allergic reaction when he was 13 mos. old and his dr. has suggested not getting vaxed because we don't know how his body would react even at 18. We signed a waiver for school.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 2:21 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Wow, thanks! I was just reading all these non-vaxing mommies, and I was like... "OMG, all these ladies can't possibly homeschool..." Not that I wouldn't homeschool if I could... I just wasn't sure if you were still able to get the kids into public schools. Thanks for the info!
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 5:28 AM on Jan. 30, 2009