How come I am automatically a kool-aid drinker for voting for Obama?

I'm sincerely confused. First, I prefer Crystal Light, I'm not a huge kool-aid fan. Second, I don't get how you can assume so much about me based simply off ONE person I voted for. (I mean, as far as I know, we were voting for more than just the president.)

melamommy24

Asked by melamommy24 at 1:58 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Koolaid drinker? Is this a racist remark?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• It wasn't Kool-Aid..it was more like Ovaltine...I had some too. Yummy... And good for me too.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 2:00 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Oooh, love ovaltine. No, it's not a racist remark. I think it's a reference to the Jones incident and another incident where cults were involved. (The cult members drank kool aid and killed themselves to "follow" their leaders.)
    melamommy24

Answer by melamommy24 at 2:03 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I don't know if some use it to be racist, or if it is more in reference to Jonestown. Sometimes I wonder based on things the poster has said in the past.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:04 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• lol i never got that before. i thought because he was black :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:07 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• yes it is a reference to Jonestown and all the "sheep" drinking poison.Whomever posted that is an idiot.I mean we live in america, it is a democracy, obama won, ...get over it.If people are so unhappy, they should try a 3rd world country where just for believing in God, you can be killed, a man can kill his wife for looking at a man in the face, or hey how about you can no longer leave your home after dark, or because you are female, you cannot go to school?? try that on for size and come home and thank God we live here...geesh..."sheep" in my opinion are those who cannot tolerate change or losing.....children...Grow up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Ok, I drink tea or water & I voted for Obama?? Where does that leave me?? besides going potty every 5 minutes I mean??
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 3:22 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Not for nothing, but it was Flavor Aid.

Not Kool Aid.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:52 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I am a tea drinker myself, no Koolaid for me. Though, my 18yo son DOES drink Koolaid and he did vote. LOL
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 4:30 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• It is generally a reference to Jonestown, although some who use the slur don't even realize the origins and use it as a racist remark against black people. Why? I have no idea...

Oh yeah, and Jonestown followers actually used both flavor-aid and Kool-Aid as they didn't have a large enough supply of either for the entire group...
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 5:32 AM on Jan. 30, 2009