Did Disney do the right thing? And why?

Tinkerbell gets denied entrance to the park.

Basically a 15 year old went to Animal Kingdom and was not allowed entrance because she looked too much like Disney's official character.

Here is a pic of the girl.

Who is right in this situation? And why?

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 8:13 PM on Jun. 6, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Disney was right, though I think they should make that policy more well known. However they did offer free clothes to her so that she could enter the park, so they tried to make it right.
    They were covering their asses, because like PP said, if they let her in they would have to let all adults dressed in character in, and that is lawsuit waiting to happen when some perv dresses as a character and does something to a kid.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:36 PM on Jun. 6, 2012

• I think Disney is right. Kids walk right up to the characters, talk to them, hug them, etc. so it makes perfect sense that Disney would not allow random people in the park who are dressed in such a way that kids would mistake them for the Official Character who is employed by them. This girl meant no harm but if they allowed her to do it, they'd soon have other people dressing as the characters which would not be at all safe considering the number of weirdos out there.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 8:32 PM on Jun. 6, 2012

• Disney was in the right. Her interview was over the top and very immature. It is their policy and it sounds right on to me.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:48 PM on Jun. 6, 2012

• I agree with the decision Disney made and with all the ladies above.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 8:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2012

• Yes, Disney was right. They have an obligation to help protect the children in the park.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:45 PM on Jun. 6, 2012

• I think Disney is 100% right. Why? Because it's their policy and if you want to visit their parks you suck it up, and because they hold the rights to the image of that character. Plain and simple.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:45 PM on Jun. 6, 2012

• I think they were right and givent hat they gave her options, I see nothing wrong with it.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 8:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2012

• I agree with the news caster: is she 15 or 5?!?
    It makes sense that kids might confuse her for a real tinker bell. But why was she upset over something so small?
    And there I go complaining that MY 22 month old kid gets upset or throws tantrums over silly things! Lol
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 9:03 PM on Jun. 6, 2012

• If she looks like an employee of the park, a charactor then Disney might be putting children at risk who might trust this charactor. I am not saying this girl is unsavory but the act it that Disney would not know that and by having her in the park as a charator it sanctions her interation with others as though she were an employee,. I am with Disney on this one.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:46 PM on Jun. 6, 2012

• They did the right thing.  This girl didn't mean any harm, but if they allowed this, pretty soon you'd have this:

"Drunk Minnie' is one of several costumed characters posing for tips on the Las Vegas Strip" http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/17321449/county-to-consider-strip-safety-recommendations

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:40 PM on Jun. 7, 2012