is plane travel safe when you are prego?

i am planning on flying out of town in march, i will be four and a half months prego, is it safe to travel on a plane?? do i have any concerns to be worried about?? Thanks Ladys!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Travel

• I traveled when I was 7months prego and my dr said it was perfectly fine, but everyone is different when it comes to pregnancy so I would call and ask my Dr if I were you.
    ArmyWifeNewMom

Answer by ArmyWifeNewMom at 2:15 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• It is totally safe if your prenancy is normal.
    dihalu

Answer by dihalu at 2:50 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I flew from MI to CA when I was about 4 mos along. No problems except I was still having morning sickness! I made sure to walk around as often as I could, luckily I had a lot of layovers! Have fun!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 12:56 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• i would say that far along, you should be fine... but check with your doctor to make sure you have no high risk issues first.... just to be safe
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:29 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Check with your dr but you should be fine. I flew a lot when pregnant.

You can also ask for pre-board so that you don't get jostled around when everyone else is trying to get on.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• It is safe. Doctors do not recommend that you fly in your third trimester, so you should be fine.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:41 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Im pretty sure you'll be fine! I traveled by plane from NY to TX when I was 36 weeks along! And I was completely fine! My doctor said that as long as I didnt have any issues with preterm labor and everything else looked great that Id be fine!
    MomTo2Boys2526

Answer by MomTo2Boys2526 at 11:18 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I flew at around 3 months. I was still dealing with morning sicknress and I didn't have it that bad, but I wanted to throw up the entire flight. Person next to me had terrible BO and guy across the aisle was eating a hamburger. Almost cried the whole way.

Other than that it was fine, but definitely check with your doctor first.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 5:50 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I flew at 5 1/2 months.Walked thru Disney. I would not reccomend it for walking.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 8:28 AM on Feb. 3, 2009