military visitation

does anyone know the best way to set up visitation for a toddler? since my STBX is army and will be moving around how is it best that we set it up its not like she can just be left for months in a different state with her dad who has barely been around for her to know, like she knows me. please help.

blairsmommy

Asked by blairsmommy at 2:10 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my hubby is going through the same thing with his ex wife.my hubby is a Marine.they way they set it up is that hte child is with us for the summer months and with his mother for the rest of the year we have my ss every holiday i belive on the odd number years it gets tough though when he deploys we dont get him at all but since hes not in school yet his ex is kind enought to either give us our time before the deployment or after he comes home...its tough i know but you have to set your differences aside and decide whats best for your lil one...its not the amount of time spent with her daddy that counts its the quality of time..i hope i helped good luck sweets and if you have anymore questions send me a message im here all the time lol
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 7:41 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• CONTINUTED.....also my hubby hadnt seen his son (due to boot camp and MOS school) since he was born the first time he actually spent time with him was the first summer we had my ss he was 18 months old and it was odd because he didnt know us be he adjusted fine and was great the following years hes now 4yrs old and loves coming to see us..
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 7:43 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• thank you, you really did help alot. but the problem is my STBX is all about being fair to him. i have told him that its not fair to her to be uprooted that we should just keep the schedule we had agreed on but its about him not our daughter. the her not knowing him part comes from him being in her life like him living right here but he goes out everynight to see his friends and doesnt spend time with her i still put her to bed everynight. and get her up in the morning. (in no way am i bashing him he loves his daughter very much but i think his priorities are screwed up at the moment.) im just wanting whats fair to her. and we both agreed on him having summers and Xmas with her when school started at the age of 4 but thats still 2 years from now. so we have that 2 year gap that he still wants 6 months at a time with her then i have her for 6 months til he deploys again. where i would make sure she had her daddy on webcams and
    blairsmommy

Answer by blairsmommy at 12:54 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• continued....... and everything we did while he was deployed when she was a baby. (by the way did i say thank you for not jumping down my throat i have got alot of that for justasking the question on other sites)
    blairsmommy

Answer by blairsmommy at 12:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2009