how early do you take your baby out?

i had my second daughter may 20 2006 when she was 9 days old i took her out for the first time to the mall she was breastfed only so i couldnt leave her plus im the type that takes my baby everywhere with me the weather was nice and she slept the whole time in her carseat i stopped at the info desk of the mall to ask a question there was 3 women standing there one asked how old is the baby i said 9 days then all three women starting saying omg! i didnt take my baby out for months ur not worried about ur babies health theres so many viruses out there i mean they practically attacked me and talked about it for a few mins as if i wasnt even there til this day i wish i would have told them to mind their buisness but i was caught off guard i thought they were asking her age to be friendly not to attack me my daughter before was 15m i was taking her out since she was 1 w old she never had a cold or even a rash

Have3Girls114

Asked by Have3Girls114 at 3:14 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• lol. my husband was raised the same way. he told me its sooo unhealthy and dangerous to take a baby out before its a couple months old.

to be honest, i have never heard more bullshit. haha. and thats exactly what i told my hubby.

the baby's immune system can NOT build up when u keep the child inside the house.
    and that is common sense and the knowledge every ped and OB shares with you ;-)

i took my baby out since the day she was born. well she was 10 days old, because thats how long we had to stay in the hospital when she was born. and then i was out every day. (it was july). but even if it would have been winter. kids need fresh air, no matter whats the weather like... thats why we have something called cloth :))

kudos to you!!!! :D
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:19 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• yeah i know people who keep their baby in the house then the first time they get out they get sick because their not used to it omg those women embarrassed me lol i still think about it til this day i ask myself why i didnt tell them off i guess i was shocked by their rudeness
    Have3Girls114

Answer by Have3Girls114 at 3:23 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I went shopping with Lil about 72 hours after she was born!
    Devory

Answer by Devory at 3:28 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• With my older dd, I took her out when she was a few weeks old, just because the weather was so crappy, I didn't want to drive with her in the snow. With younger dd, she was a few days old.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 3:48 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• We stopped at the store on the way home from the hospital...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:52 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I TOOK MY BABY OUT THE DAY SHE CAME HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL...ITS THE ONLY WAY TO KEEP THEM FROM GETTING SICK BY EXPOSING THEM TO GERMS. AND ITS THE ONLY WAY TO GET THEM USED TO BEING AROUND ALOT OF PEOPLE. MY COUSIN AND HIS WIFE MESSED UP THEIR KIDS BY KEEPING THEM INSIDE ALL THE TIME AND NEVER TAKING THEM ANYWHERE.
    OliviasMommy06

Answer by OliviasMommy06 at 5:05 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I happen to agree with you ladies all 5 of mine were out and about with me with in days of birth. The fourth I was shopping in walmart on the way home from the hospital. My last one I was nursing in the mall at just afew days. They all have been healthy.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 6:09 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• we had our children out visiting the day we got out of the hospital for hours.
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 6:25 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Same here, my son was passed around to my friends at work for over an hour while I was getting my paycheck the day we got out of the hospital...
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 6:52 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I didn't take my first two out for 6 weeks, that's how I was brought up, the third after her 2 week check up we went to a friends house, when I had my 4th my Mum came to visit and since I had a c/s I couldn't do anything.. so when we went somewhere he went with he was kept under a cover in his car seat though...
    MRSHEATHERSMAMA

Answer by MRSHEATHERSMAMA at 7:00 AM on Jan. 30, 2009