not quite sure what i'm asking? or saying? lol

you ever just feel alone? like. . my husband is deployed. in NO way am i saying i'm seeking 'attention'. i'm just bored. our kids are in bed, and my friend is watchin a movie. . (yes. . .i really only have one friend. hince the 'alone' feeling) i've read books, i've surfed. . .to many hours, we have a puppy, but hes asleep. i should be sleeping, but i don't feel like being alone in our bed. (again NOT trying to direct that anywhere) anyways. . .just wanted to see if anyone was out there lookin to chat.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• hey do you have AIM or Yahoo?
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 3:43 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• My hubby's not deployed, but he has to be up at 5, so he's in bed. Dog's sleeping. Toddler's sleeping. All of my friends are on the east coast, so they're sleeping. All I've got is Home Improvement. You need more friends. I need more friends too, but I'm working on that. Do you have an FRG you can get involved with? I don't know what branch you're hubby is in.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:44 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• BTW I have AIM and MSN too if you want to chat. I'll probably be up for another hour.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:45 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• yea, but i'm not close to any of the ladies in the FRG. (hes in the Army) sounds weird. . but i'm not sure how to handle more friends? i was close to one other girl, and she took total advantage of me. i was watchin her little boy, he brought over pnemonia, and she got mad at me when i had to take my son to the er and couldnt watch her son. so, it didn't end to well. . .lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• wow thats crazy!
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 3:55 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I can relate. My husband is on the other side of the country, has been since November. I think I've slept in our bed a total of a dozen times or less since he left. When I sleep at all, it's usually cat naps on the couch. I have a daughter, and I have family about 45 miles away, but only one friend that lives close by.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:23 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I am lonely and my dh is home most of the day everyday. I work nights, sleep early in the day, I wake up and he leaves to go to baseball practice w/ our 16 y/o. I really only see him about 3 hours a day and when he talks to me it is about baseball UGH!
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 6:21 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I think it is human nature to feel alone in a crowded room sometimes...this too shall pass mama...and that is what we are here for.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:57 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• You need a hobby.
    Scrapbooking, making homemade cards from scratch, writing letters to family and friends, writing in a journal, cross stitch, needlepoint, sewing, crocheting, knitting, parachuting, race car driving (I would LOVE to learn how to crash cars or drive one of those monster trucks!), gardening, painting, joining a local gym or ymca for classes, taking a course at a community college, taking an online course, baking (there's danger with that, though, if you don't have people to give to...LOL)......TONS of stuff!
    Get offline and do something else - you won't feel bored at all with a new hobby or interest. Even if you and your friend join a class or go for walks with the baby in the stroller. Then you can share your experiences with your friends online!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:25 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Another idea - become a "tourist" of where you live. Find online sites that will give you information of the different areas you can visit in your area and go! It will be good for your child and you will become familiar with your "hometown." You and your friend can do these together. Take photos, write letters to your hubby about your adventures and tell him where you want to take him when he gets home. Got more time and a bit of money on your hands? Take day trips farther away from your immediate area to explore your state a bit more. It's a lot of fun to learn about where you live everytime you PCS!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:30 PM on Jan. 31, 2009