what is my calling?

sounds strange, but I can't figure out what God has planned for me. I mean, I know that I won't figure out my total 'purpose ' in life, but I want to know what way to go. He keeps trying to pull me closer to him. And i'm scared to totally give up my control. I just want to know where I am supposed to go. I'm pretty confussed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No one knows what God has planned for them until they let go and let God ... LOL. I know that's part of what you're struggling with, but it's true. Be still and let the Spirit of God lead you in the path you should walk - He is already wooing you by guiding you closer to God.

Giving up control can be scary - trust me I know this one by heart; I'm a total control freak and I know that: trust doesn't come easy for me. LOL. But we have to learn to trust God in all things even what we want to control, which is basically ourself, nu? Confusion is okay: just lean on God and be still.

You'll eventually understand. Have you prayed for guidance?

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 4:24 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I agree with snowgirl79. The Lord is the one that created you so he is well able to let you know what it is, and able to equip you for the work ahead. But you got to trust him so you got to let go and seek him believe me he will let you know. You have my prayers sister!!
    jesspraise35

Answer by jesspraise35 at 5:42 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I think one of the best ways to feel closer to the divine(god) and figure out things is by prayer/meditation.
    Find a quiet spot and just sit with your eyes closed(or focus on an object like a candle) and start deep breathing. Listen to your breathe. Ask the question you have in your mind and just keep focused on that one question.
    Listen to whatever comes.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:42 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• These are great suggestions! It was a while before I found my calling. But when I surrender my control for his, things began to work out for me. I began to just love on the Lord, talk to him and just enjoy him day by day and it came! Don't stress it, just enjoy him!!!!
    mslaurie65

Answer by mslaurie65 at 8:23 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• What you are going through right now is part of the path that will take you to where He wants you to go. Giving up control is a process, as He pulls you closer to Him, He will teach you what you need to know and the Holy Spirit will convict you of what to let go of. Consider this time preparation for destination.....it could take 2 months or 10 years depending on His will..and yours.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 8:29 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• As a fellow "control freak" I have learned through the years that maybe God doesn't want you to "follow a certain path" as much as He wants you to just learn to wake up each day, have conversations with him (through prayer and reading the Bible), and be attuned to the little, daily things that He brings your way. Maybe b/c you are reading or studying a certain subject, a random person will need to hear what you have learned b/c their circumstances at that time call for knowledge that you have acquired but maybe they don't know yet. Isn't this a type of "calling"? Being tuned in to God enof to see when He is using you to help someone else?

Most of us are called to be an everyday help to others around us, not necessarily becoming a pastor, a missionary to a foreign land, or any other "calling" that is more noticeable than just being yourself and being willing to do whatever, whenever, and wherever.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 9:53 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I agree with snowgirl, letting go and letting God is how you get to know him. This will enable you to hear his voice clearly. It has been my experience that when you seek more of God your calling will become more plain. BTW: You don't have to light candles or breathe, just talk to him and he'll talk back, that simple.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• You'll never know if you don't give up that control.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• yeah know one knows that you will have to pray and seek God and ask him what he wants you to do and lead you to the way you need to go.. :)
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• When the time is right, God will reveal His plan for your life. That's what He did with me. He has revealed His plan for me,and what He wants me to do with my life. He has also begun to work through me to acheive that plan. It's my priveledge to surrender myself to His will,and let Him work through me. So many great things have happened since I've done that.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 4:12 PM on Jan. 30, 2009