Have you ever worked in a daycare?

texasangel3

Asked by texasangel3 at 10:53 AM on Jun. 7, 2012 in Money & Work

• No, but my job is taking care of kids at their home.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:58 AM on Jun. 7, 2012

• Yes, I have worked at 3 daycares in a variety of positions (assistant teacher, lead teacher, Pre-K teacher).

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:00 AM on Jun. 7, 2012

• Yes. I worked in the 3-4 )potty trained) room for a few months
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 7, 2012

• I worked the summer camp for the school agers which was at the day care center. The ratios, unwillingness to let me provide structure, unrealistic expectations, etc. made me appreciate my current summer job which allows me to work w/ grown ups in the summer! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:14 AM on Jun. 7, 2012

• No, but if they are willing to let your child attend the daycare you work at,, it could save alot of money.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:25 AM on Jun. 7, 2012

• I'm an RN and have been at a daycare for 14 years. I can answer a lot of questions....fire away.......lol.....
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 7, 2012

• Yes I have. I was a floater. Basically the person they sent in on breaks to change diapers. I was expected to change 20 diapers on 5 minutes. As well as keep an eye on all the kids and blah blah blah. My favorite room was the infant room but I didn't get to spend much time in there. The one I hated the most was the 2-3 year old room. There was one child in there that was a spoiled brat. That child is now 8 and even worse than when they were 2.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:49 AM on Jun. 7, 2012

• No, Can not handle being around that many kids all day.

Answer by louise2 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2012

• No, would not be a good fit for my personality.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:56 PM on Jun. 8, 2012

• Yes, one of my first jobs was at a daycare (I worked there from 16-17) and it was horrid. The amount of abuse that went on there is terrifying to me as a parent. I had gone there myself as a child (until I was 13) and so did my sister, and thought that was "normal" until I was much older and realized that wasn't normal - or at least it shouldn't be normal... One of the MANY reasons I would NEVER let my children go to daycare/sitters. If they aren't with me, they are with their dad... that's IT!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:15 PM on Jun. 13, 2012