Inaugural Ball??

I'd appreciate it if no-one bashed here. I've never gone to the snopes website before and don't want to now. That is why I am ASKING A QUESTION, which is the whole point of this forum.

Is it true that Obama did not attend the Inaugural Ball where the Country's Medal Of Honor recipients were? A Ball that no other President has failed to attend in more than 50 years? But he DID manage to attend all the other Balls where all the Celebrities were?

Someone e-mailed me about this, I was wondering if it was true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Im not sure. You might wanna chk the ppl mag.
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 5:06 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I find it hard not to bash when you refuse to any sort of research.

Original statement from American Legion National Adjutant Dan Wheeler: The American Legion, as it has on every inauguration evening since 1953, hosted the Salute to Heroes Inaugural Banquet & Ball on January 20th . The quadrennial event is co-sponsored by fourteen veterans service and military service organizations and honors recipients of the Medal of Honor. Forty-seven of these heroes attended this year’s event. President Obama was invited but did not attend. Vice-President Joe Biden did appear, however, and was very warmly received.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 5:11 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• From The American Legion’s point of view, the new President’s absence was understandable considering the unprecedented logistical challenges presented by the vastly increased number of visitors to this inauguration and the necessary attendant security measures. The National Adjutant of The American Legion states that, as an organization, The Legion does not feel offended or “snubbed” by the President’s failure to appear.
    Wimsey

You are so incredibly rude. Where on the cafemom site does it state that a question requires Wimseys rules and requirements.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• It is true. He was the first president to not attend in 56 years if I remember the yahoo news article correctly.

Answer by gemgem at 7:46 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I am not SO incredibly rude.

Just incredibly.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 8:04 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• ""I find it hard not to bash when you refuse to any sort of research."""

Maybe THIS is the way I choose to research. By asking questions? What in the heck is wrong with that? Isn't that what people did BEFORE the internet??

I have no experience with any of those research sites and figured I'd ask a question instead. It's not like I was making unfounded statements or anything. I was looking for information and clarification. There was no need to be rude.
    Anonymous

• My question is - why would you take ANYONE'S word over what you can find out for yourself?

Before the Internet there were libraries - whole buildings full of knowledge. Now we have an amazing tool called the Internet. Entire libraries and newpapers and crazy bloggers and insane websites and cake wrecks at the click of a button.

My point is - think for YOURSELF.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:28 PM on Jan. 30, 2009