hi, i have a question, i drank 1/2 glass of coke this afternoon. would it do harm to my baby. we had a party at the otel, and gave us water after we had lunch. only coke is available for us. i was so thirsty. i sat with a nurse and she told me that i can drink the coke, since its my first time drinking coke since i got pregnant. i'm on my 8th month now. will it affect my baby? i'm so scared i did sometihing wrong for my baby.

i drank 1/2 glass of coke. this lunch time, how much will it affect my baby who's 8th month inside me?

mommylei1202

Asked by mommylei1202 at 6:18 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Coke and any other caffeine product is fine. My dr told me there was no link to drinking to caffeine to any developmental problems in a baby. ADHD and other disorders they studied to try and link it are genetic. But like with any other person pregnant or not it isnt healthy to overdue caffeine. You can enjoy a coke or two or a cup or two of coffee anytime.

Answer by gemgem at 7:43 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• You will be fine. I was like that too with my pregnancies. I would freak out if I ate too much sugar or oils in the day. My Dr. use to say to me "are you serious"? your worried because you took too tylenol? lol

Trust me.. You have to do more than drink coke to harm a baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:31 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I drink Coke just about everyday, lol, and I have with all my pregnancies. You can drink Coke/Pepsi in moderation...it will not hurt the baby at all. :)
    RandizMom

Answer by RandizMom at 7:10 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I'm not in the medical field, but I haven't seen warnings about coke, particularly at this late stage. Relax, you have not hurt your baby. :)

Answer by Bmat at 7:21 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• It's totally fine. As long as it's in moderation you won't have a problem at all. The only concern would be the caffeine. I had MAJOR rootbeer cravings when I was pregnant and my baby came out big, lean, and bright eyed!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:32 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I drink pepsi and dr pepper everyday sometimes more then one I have dont it since I got pregnant and I am having her on Monday and she is weighing just about 6 1/2 lbs no it will not hurt the baby, she will just move alot more and thats normal if you havent drank caffine and then you do she will go crazy hope this helps
    MaccysMommy09

Answer by MaccysMommy09 at 9:41 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• After the 8th month my doctor told me that if I wanted a daily coffee or soda that it would not hurt anything.
    RainingHeart

Answer by RainingHeart at 9:47 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I drank coke atleast 3/4 times a week my daughter is fine.
    it wont hurt you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• You will be fine...limit your cafeen but there is nothing wrong with a coke or a coffee a day.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:20 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• It is okay~ but I would not recommend doing it more, if possible.

(That product is just not healthy at all-- I wouldn't drink it non-pregnant.)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:49 AM on Jan. 30, 2009