Online Dating

Anyone on here ever try match.com or any other online dating service? What did you think? Do you recommend it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Eharmony!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Yes I have. Didnt do squat for me.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:26 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I know about 4 different people that have been matched and married through EHarmony. My brother is getting married on March 28 to his "match". We are so excited.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:50 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I met my hubby on the computer, not a dating service though... We were both in a chatroom that we never really went in too often, just happened to click on it out of being bored.... He asked me why I was being so quiet and from then on we started talking, on the computer, phone and then after about 2 weeks I got the nerve to meet him... Funny enough we were both from the same state, living only an hour apart... We got a long so well on the phone and then we met and it was awesome!!! I knew I loved him before I had even met him in person. It may sound crazy but when its right its right!! Goodluck to you!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I met my SO threw match. We have been together for almost 2 years, our daughter will celebrate he first birthday in two months. I will warn you first of all that there are pleanty of wakos out there, be careful, always email through the site, never use your full name, always talk on the phone before meeting, never believe the photos, always meet in a very public place, and be prepared for a few ego bruises, the men can be brutal when viewing woman as items on a menu, NEVER let them meet your children if they are eager to do so cut it off and run. There arre a few wack jobs out there that prey on single moms to get to their children. I emailed around 15 guys, talked on the phone to about 5, met 3, feel in love with one...It is a great place to meet people, I love that you can read a profile about them before deciding if you want to connect..just follow all of the safety rules and recomendations that the site has listed.
    MsMESSx2

Answer by MsMESSx2 at 9:40 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I never did but my SIL met her now husband on one of the dating sites.
    Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 10:05 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I haven't... but I know tagged.com is free if you want to check it out. It's like a mix between myspace and a dating service. I joined it before they did the meet me section, but I know a few of my friends on there have meet a few nice guys from their area.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:08 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I met my fiance on Match over 1 1/2 years ago. Listen to what people are telling you, they are
    all sorts of people pretending to be someone else. Don't get me wrong, yes there are sincere people as well. Just be careful and do not give too much of yourself. Tell someone in your life if you meet them some where, where you will be and until what time....and remember this...very important....if the guy makes you pay for anything.....anything.....don't go out with him again ::)
    good luck..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:16 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I dont' agree with the previous answer by Danee as far as the paying business......this isn't 1950 anymore, women work and earn their own money just like men so making the guy pay for everything is sort of........sets up expectations that shouldn't be there.

Having said that, I met my husband online in 2001 but not in a dating site, just a coed type of site similar to CafeMom but much, much smaller. I think you can learn a lot from just communicating with someone and not having the physical part of it present at the get go.
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 10:22 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• It is called being a Gentleman!!!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:56 AM on Jan. 30, 2009