Do you think this is effective use of Taxpayer money?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5j5xhsGx09nQTFZhMvOtZ4xSmvjsQ

Team Obama is contemplating as much as $2 trillion in TARP additions to rescue the banking system in one form or another.
That would be $2 trillion on top of the nearly $1 trillion stimulus package being debated currently in the Senate.
Do you think Taxpayers should Fund another 2 trillion dollars in TARP (banking industry bailout)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope. I think that businesses including banks that are in the red should be allowed to fail.

Answer by gemgem at 7:44 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• If there were anybody who would hold them accountable. So far we are throwing money at them while they are sending out bonuses!!! My bonus just got cut at work as well as my annual raise.... Thier's should too! Why am I/we paying that???
    TurksMommy

Answer by TurksMommy at 7:54 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I think we'd get out of this a lot sooner if the banks were let to fall - this constant cycle of throwing them money to waste is just delaying the inevitable.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:56 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Absolutely not, it is not the business of our federal government to be involved in the private sector. He should be impeached if he does, just like Bush should have been. Two peas in a political pod if you ask me.

TinasTribe

Answer by TinasTribe at 7:57 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Notpanicking I agree with you. I always compare these bails outs to loaning money to that family member (and we all have one) who lives beyond their means and is always in financial trouble but never fixes the way they spend. We can give companies money until were blue in the face but if they constantly mismanage and dont use the money for what its given for then its no different then giving 1000 bucks to a gambler then crying because they took it to the casino.

Answer by gemgem at 8:03 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• As far as I am aware, this particular fund will only be seriously considered after they know how well the current "bailout" works. That the banks must be held accountable for the money they are given and spend it responsibly...
    But I do agree, a bank is a business. If a business isn't run properly it fails, as it well should. Period.
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 8:08 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Banks should be left to fail. The smaller the Government the Better. If the Government gets involved, what's next? The Peoples Bank of the US Government? NO NO NO!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:31 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! Did I say NO?!!! Banks should fail from their bad business practices just like any business. We live in a free market capitalist society, bailouts do not work, socialism does not work, let capitalism run it's course!

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 9:22 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• NO! They had their chances and screwed up. There are other places that could us the money 1, and 2 where are they getting such funds?
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:27 AM on Jan. 30, 2009