Is this illegal?

If a military member wants to scrap with a civilian for negative reasons? Not for fun, but to actually hurt the civilian? What I mean is not really ask, but tell the civilian to come down and he will have a hay day with him, basically antagonizing the civilian to scrap with him so he can hurt him. 

I heard that it is illegal for a military member harming a civilian is illegal because they are trained to kill. Is this true?

And is threatening them illegal? What should I do about this situation?

meliscool72

Asked by meliscool72 at 5:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2012 in Military

• If it's all in writing save screen shots and forward or mail it to his superior officer... and take that all to your local police and file complaint!! That should put an end to it!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:00 PM on Jun. 7, 2012

• Assault is generally illegal.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 5:37 PM on Jun. 7, 2012

• That is assault no matter if you are military or not...and yes, assault is illegal.

I don't think threatening is actually illegal, but it certainly is immature.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 5:42 PM on Jun. 7, 2012

• Who is threatening whom?

Military or not has nothing to do with it, I wouldn't think. One person harming another is illegal. I have no idea what advice to give about what you should do because I don't know the back story
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 5:45 PM on Jun. 7, 2012

• Who is threatening whom?

The military member is threatening the civilian. Long story short is that I had left my ex-husband who was in the military because he was molesting and raping my child. When I left him, his family told me that I was no good because I was not supporting him and one of his brothers threatened to beat me over the head with a bat and my boyfriend was on my facebook page and I am not sure why the thing was still on there, but my boyfriend basically told him to stop being a child. Because of this he told me to come down and he will deal with him. His family does not like me because I was not supporting him. I would never support someone like that! So that is the short version
    meliscool72

Comment by meliscool72 (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2012

• scrap with a civilian??? Like scrapbooking?? I have no clue what "scrap with a civilian" means.

As for assault & threats... illegal no matter if you are in the military or not.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2012

• First, did you file charges against your exhusband for harming your child?

Second, I think it'd be best to just ignore your ex husband's rantings on Facebook and ask your boyfriend to discontinue any contact with him. Your ex is telling you to go down there so he can beat up your boyfriend?

I mean, it's not like you're going to drive down there to do that, right? It's just posturing.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 6:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2012

• How is he still in the military if he was molesting your child? Why do you still have any kind of contact with him? Did you file charges against him for sexual abuse and rape? The threats against your boyfriend pale in comparison to that!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:21 PM on Jun. 7, 2012

• My ex is in prison, he will be there for 15 years and then probably the military will get a hold of him and make him pay for being awol. The person who was telling my boyfriend to come down there so he can basically beat him up is my ex-husband's brother, not him. He is not able to do anything he is in jail for molesting a child...

it is his brother who is being this way
    meliscool72

Comment by meliscool72 (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Jun. 7, 2012

• just all the police and document everything
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 7:58 PM on Jun. 7, 2012