Is this illegal?

If a military member wants to scrap with a civilian for negative reasons? Not for fun, but to actually hurt the civilian? What I mean is not really ask, but tell the civilian to come down and he will have a hay day with him, basically antagonizing the civilian to scrap with him so he can hurt him. 

I heard that it is illegal for a military member harming a civilian is illegal because they are trained to kill. Is this true?

And is threatening them illegal? What should I do about this situation?

meliscool72

Asked by meliscool72 at 5:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2012 in Military

• LOL, um assault and threatening someone is illegal in general. The military has nothing to do with that. Now, if the service member gets in-trouble with the civilian courts, they may face punishment with in their command.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 4:28 PM on Jun. 14, 2012

• Who is threatening whom?

Military or not has nothing to do with it, I wouldn't think. One person harming another is illegal. I have no idea what advice to give about what you should do because I don't know the back story

The military member is threatening the civilian. Long story short is that I had left my ex-husband who was in the military because he was molesting and raping my child. When I left him, his family told me that I was no good because I was not supporting him and one of his brothers threatened to beat me over the head with a bat and my boyfriend was on my facebook page and I am not sure why the thing was still on there, but my boyfriend basically told him to stop being a child. Because of this he told me to come down and he will deal with him. His family does not like me because I was not supporting him. I would never support someone like that! So that is the short version
    meliscool72

Comment by meliscool72 (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2012

• My ex is in prison, he will be there for 15 years and then probably the military will get a hold of him and make him pay for being awol. The person who was telling my boyfriend to come down there so he can basically beat him up is my ex-husband's brother, not him. He is not able to do anything he is in jail for molesting a child...

it is his brother who is being this way
    meliscool72

Comment by meliscool72 (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Jun. 7, 2012

• already filed a police report
    meliscool72

Comment by meliscool72 (original poster) at 8:09 PM on Jun. 7, 2012

• Assault is illegal.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2012

• First off if your ex was raping and abusing a child, he will no longer be in the military. He has probably already been dishonorably discharged. If the brother is also in the military save the evidence and show it to his chain of command, that behavior could also get him dishonorably discharged.
    Assault is illegal no matter if you are military or not.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2012

• Him being in the military has no relevance on anything.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:51 PM on Jun. 13, 2012

• Assault is generally illegal.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 1:55 AM on Jul. 27, 2012

• Civilian needs to contact the military members chain of command and file paperwork with the civilian personnel office.
    momtimesx4

Answer by momtimesx4 at 12:24 AM on Aug. 6, 2012

• Ok so you are asking if the brother of a military man ( and if he is in jail he probably is no longer) taunts you is that a crime? No. If he taunts a boyfriend of yours? No.
    If he is threatening you or the boyfriend or anyone else, as in stalking and harrassing then yes depending on your statelaws. If it should come to blows then it would be like anyone else. If your boyfriend went and sought him out in order to have it out with him, then he would also share the responsibility for the violence.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:50 AM on Sep. 5, 2012