pregnant and no appetite?

Well, I am 10 weeks along, and have had absoultely NO appetite. My pregnancy is going very well besides the fact that I am just not hungry. I haven't even gained a small pound yet. I am worried because I have lumps in my neck, and losing an appetite very gradually. My doctor doesn't think its anything, and wants to wait befor doing testings to see what it could be. Thats if it doesn't go away. Aren't I supposed to be really hungry right now? I am pregnant, and isn't that an effect of being pregnant? I am very worried.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've just now started getting an appetite and I'm 17 weeks. So I don't think that's anyhting to be concerned about yet. Before I had to remind myself to eat. It would be like 10:00 and I would realize I never ate breakfast.

But about the lumps in your neck, that could be something to look into. Could it be your lymph nodes? Yo could try webMD.com and see if that can help you figure out what could be going on. If your OBGYN won't listen to you and take your concerns seriously, maybe you should look around for another doc. Good luck and congratulations on your pregnancy!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 9:33 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I wouldn't be too worried about it, I wasn't hungry my first 3 months in fact I lost weight the first month. this was during both of my pregnancies. I had really bad morning sickness with my 1st, and moderate with my second. Trust me you will get hungry when you are a little further along.
    norbert

Answer by norbert at 8:26 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I don't really have an appetite for the first half of my pregnancies. Totally normal. You just eat to survive.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 8:34 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• i am 11 weeks and i have very bad morning sickness i dont eat that much at all i am very small have not put on any pounds but if u dotn have morning sickness then i dont know why u ant hungry
    brittanysmom87

Answer by brittanysmom87 at 9:39 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I have 5 kids and with my 4th I weighed more when I got pregnant than when I delivered. Nothing sounded good and I had a bad taste in my mouth the whole time. Just eat what you crave and you will have to force yourself to eat some healthy things like milk for the sake of your baby...listen to your doctor...this too shall pass.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:15 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I am about 6 weeks and not hungry at all....my first pregnancy I had Hyperemisis which is a condition that involves such bad morning sickness that you have to be hospitalized and I couldn't eat for almost 4 months .....my advice is if you CRAVE something then most definately EAT THAT. That seemed to help me the first time and I am trying to do the same now. The first time the only thing I could keep down was pizza shop italian hoagies...which are very greasy but my body craved it so it let it stay and everything else went back up. So the doctors said just go with it.
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 11:28 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I didn't start gaining weight with this pregnancy until I was about 20 weeks along because I also had no appetite. The hunger doesn't happen really until the baby starts really growing rapidly instead of just developing all his organs and such. Don't worry, it will happen. Don't force it on yourself, just eat when you're hungry and stop when you're not, and you'll gradually notice that while you might not eat any more at a sitting, you'll start eating more often than you used to. Just think of all the mothers out there who not only don't eat but throw everything they do eat back up - and their babies are just fine!
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I gained all of 10 lbs with my ds and he was 8 lbs 8 oz! i wasn't hungry at all but he was perfect! don't worry just keep taking your prenatals and eat what you feel like it!
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 12:11 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I felt the same way until about week 10 or 12...I lost 5lbs in my first trimester. Try to find things that you can tolerate, milk or choc milk is good too. Don't worry though, some women can eat, but they throw everything up...it will pass once you hit your second trimester. It's actually pretty amazing because everyone kept telling me that it would change once I hit my second trimester...I'd get my appetite back and my energy would come back, etc....and literally the very DAY I entered trimester 2 I woke up hungry and with a lot more energy!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 8:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2009