My husband is wanting me to get an abortion! Help !

I just went to the doctors office and saw the heartbeat and baby! I felt attached and can't think of killing my baby. When we first found out were pregnant, again, he said whatever I wanted, he wanted and he would support me. Now that I am leaning towrads keeping the baby of course he's acting all upset and mad and saying things I will learn to get attached I guess, I will work through it, I will support you like I have always.....
Here is our situation, we have 4 kids and our baby is going to be 1 in three weeks. I had the mirena in and it fell out. So it's not like this was planned in any way.

What should i do about this? What should i say to him? How do i go about all of this with him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Jun. 7, 2012 in Pregnancy

• The only advice I can give you is what I tell everyone who comes here with this question: Never have an abortion if you have any doubts about having one.

That said, I see nothing in what you written that says he's wanting you to get an abortion. He sounds supportive, based on what you say.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 8:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2012

• I would leave any man that is pressuring me to get an abortion.
    My DD was only 5 months when I got pregnant using Mirena (mine didn't fall out, it just didn't work). My DH would NEVER have pressured me into something like that, even though we really couldn't afford another baby. We had to change our lifestyle, but we have 2 beautiful babies. If he would have tried to pressure me into something like that I would have divorced him in a heartbeat. If you go through with it just because of his pressuring you, you are most likely going to regret it and that could have a very negative impact not only on your life and relationship with him, but also on your other children. Please think long and hard about this.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2012

• It's not so much that he's pressuring me I guess, he's just honest about what he wants. He says we can't afford 5 kids ! I can understand that.
    The thing is with my husband, he always comes around. It takes him a couple of weeks to absorb it and come to terms with it.
    I just feel like we are not on the same page and I feel like were distant which I really hate as he is my best freind !
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:58 PM on Jun. 7, 2012

• Listen to your heart.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 8:58 PM on Jun. 7, 2012

• he said whatever I wanted, he wanted and he would support me.
    I will learn to get attached I guess, I will work through it, I will support you like I have always.....

So when did he say terminate your pregnancy?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:59 PM on Jun. 7, 2012

• He told me he wants an abortion and why should it always be what I want? What about what he wants in all of this?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:00 PM on Jun. 7, 2012

• But he said on the other hand, I guess I will support you like I always do. He asked me, have you told anyone, I said no. I asked him the same question and he says, this is not something I would tell people on my side. Its not like Im going to have everyone supporting me on this.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Jun. 7, 2012

• Tell him to go get a vasectomy......and keep that baby

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:04 PM on Jun. 7, 2012

• What should i say to him?

is the aborted fetus going to be expelled from your body? will you have to live with the emotional pain of a decision you weren't really sure of? 

i mean i'm prochoice so i believe the WOMAN (the one carrying the baby) has the right to choose, either way.

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:04 PM on Jun. 7, 2012

• Worst case scenario you give the baby up for adoption
    You're married for f**k's sake,he needs to man up and not expect you to even CONSIDER killing the baby you made TOGETHER

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2012