19 mth threw up, has a lil fever, wont keep liquids down what would u do.

between 11pm-1am she threw up 3 times, this morning she wakes up very warm, check her rectal temp( with a shity thermometer) say 100.1. she also thew up the 3 oz of water she drank this morning... what do u think i should do, Ride it out, cuz it might be a BUG, or should i take her in to the ER, she hardly ever gets sick so im going bonkers being worried,

NiekaC

Asked by NiekaC at 8:54 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldn't run to the ER just yet, unless she is showing signs of dehydration. I try to avoid that unless it's really necessary, since hospitals are very dirty and stressful places. If she is still wetting diapers and acting relatively normal (for a sick little one, anyway), I would spend today just trying to get some fluids in her. Try using a medicine syringe to give her small amounts of pedialyte every 10 to 15 minutes or so for a while and see how that goes. If she continues to reject fluids and/or she appears to get worse, give your ped a call or head to the ER.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 9:00 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• call the doc
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:55 AM on Jan. 30, 2009