Induction....

I am getting induced on Monday and I am really scared and nervous I mean Im so ready to see my little girl Makenzie but like I said Im really scared, nervous, excited all at the same time but I think Im more scared then anything, My Dr told me the worst thing that could happen is it ending up in c-section and I dont want that I mean if its for the better of my and my daughter then go for it.... I want to know what you moms think about induction and csections? I think the real reason I am scared is because Im a first time mom and the day is finally coming to an end and she will be here and then there is nomore just my being pregnant she will actaully be here in this world with me...

MaccysMommy09

Asked by MaccysMommy09 at 9:37 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Awe mama.. Relax... I was induced with both mine.. Its great, an just think you get to finally hold the one that has been playn with your blatter all this time.. Trust me when she gets here all this stuff you are felling will faid away, and nothing but love will shine through...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 9:41 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Inductions are scary I was induced with my DD and I was in labor for 10 hours but at 5:30 pm the doc told me it had been too long because my water had been broken for the same amount of time and that the risk of infection was getting higher. I ended up having a C-Section and she was born healthy. I did not fare as well I ended up having a wound infection from the surgery and took me almost 3 months to heal but that is the worst case possible! You should be excited but get lots of rest the night before maybe if I had then I would have had less trouble. I think it is fun and in some ways better to know when so that you can prepare yourself instead of being suprised when the contractions start. I think it is fine and I am sure you will do great! Corgrats and good luck I will be pulling for you!
    wantherout08

Answer by wantherout08 at 9:46 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Well inductions increase your risk of a c/s by 50 percent. There is no way the doctor can know if your body is ready. Contractions on pitocin are unnatural so they have a higher chance of causing the fetus to go into distress and then you needing a c/s. Not only that but the contractions are stronger and more intense than natural contractions. I wouldn't recommend an induction unless medically necessary.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:48 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I also have been induced both times. It is easy and memorable and you get pampered through your labor then you get your baby. In my hospital there is a radio and tv and everything plus your family can hang out with you until it's time to push. with an epidural you don't feel pain until a dull ache at the end which they have to let you feel because you need to know when to push. it's nothing. The nurses will keep putting warm blankies on you (the iv makes you cold) - you push your little one out and then get a whole nother at least 24 hours in the hospital with your baby. They don't just throw you out without any info. I equate my experiences with a 2 day hotel visit, only I get to bring ababy home. I am looking forward to doing it again myself in July. Congrats!
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 9:50 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Also- if God forbid something does go wrong- you are in a hospital with trained professionals and your baby is on moniters so they know exactly how the baby is doing. you are on moniters so they know how you are doing. They can handle it.
    The important thing is that a baby is being born- how it is done is a personal choice made between a mother and her doctor's recommendations. (some momma's prefer to do things naturally- more power to them but i don't want them scaring you because they feel the choice they made is superior)
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 9:55 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• it's called giving facts lucky.. inductions put you and the baby at greater risk for complications. You can't deny that. She shouldn't get sugar coated information, she needs facts.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:01 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• The only reason Im getting induced is bc my contractions are 1-2 mins apart and really hard and strong and Ive been 2 cm dialted for a week and Im 37 weeks so the dr asked me if I wanted to get induced I just hear the contractions are a hell of alot stronger oh by the way my mother in law is a neonatal nurse in L&D so I know I and Makenzie will be taking great care of so thats not my worry
    MaccysMommy09

Answer by MaccysMommy09 at 10:02 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I had three inductions...all three vaginal deliveries. Yes, there is an increased chance of c-section, but it doesn't mean you will have to have one!

If you're already having contractions, you're on your way. I did that with my youngest....went into labor on my own, but they gave me pitocin to help strengthen the contractions.

Now, there is a chance labor might be longer, too...so I've heard. My first was 7 1/2 hours, my second was 2 1/2 hours and my last officially 15 (went on my own at 36 weeks...but he was born 26 minutes after they broke my water)

It's going to be a different experience for everyone. There does come a point where some doctors feel some intervention is necessary. It's up to the mom to decide...you have the final decision...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:25 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• fair enough celtic. It's scheduled for Monday though. i assumed she knows the facts and has made her decision. I was giving a realistic idea from someone who has gone through it. and addressing something that would have terrified me before my first time. I don't feel I was sugar coating anything.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 10:40 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• and now i want something sugar coated...mmmm
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 10:42 AM on Jan. 30, 2009