Want to paint my furniture

I am interested in purchasing this cocktail table for my living room. And I found it at a great price in value city. I have researched alot of other places but this kind of table with ottoman seating is a little pricy. This one is well within my budget. The only issue is the wood is brown. And I want it in black so it can match my living room and dining furniture. Otherwise the design and everything else is just perfect for me.
I've never painted furniture before. Can you tell which do you use? And if you want it in glossy finish, is there a lacquer spray or something like that? What about those paint sprays? I saw an ad on tv once. But never used it. Are they good? Any sort of advice would be helpful. Thanks! :)

I have pasted the link of the table. Can't link it directly, full editor doesn't work on my tablet, sorry!

cookie269

Asked by cookie269 at 3:34 PM on Jun. 8, 2012 in Home & Garden

• it'll need to be sanded down to get rid of any shiny surface,cleaned thoroughly,and then you can paint it
    I suggest a paint applied with a brush. Spray paint can be hard to get an even coat,especially with a dark color like black

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2012

• My SO agrees with Butterfly and he is a painter. It looks beautiful, btw!
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 3:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2012

• think these ladies have you covered on the how to get it painted...to answer your question about the gloss finish...paint comes in a matte (or flat), eggshell (or satin), semi-gloss, and gloss finish so depending on the finish will determine the type of paint you will want to get. When you go to purchase the paint, they will have sample boards so you can determine what finish works best for you. matte would be the dullest of the paint finishes and gloss will have the most shine, glossiness. Love the table, very nice :-)
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 4:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2012

• meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:59 PM on Jun. 8, 2012

• http://www.vcf.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product__10155_-1_10052_20553
    cookie269

Comment by cookie269 (original poster) at 3:38 PM on Jun. 8, 2012

• I think they could help you out at Home Depot too ....
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2012

• Thanks everyone ! :) your useful tips and advices help alot. Can't wait to get started on that table
    cookie269

Comment by cookie269 (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2012