What will former President George W Bush be remembered for?

Someone posted a question about what will President Barack Obama be remembered for...silly question seeing as he's only been in office a few weeks.

So...what will George W Bush be remembered for??

RainingHeart

Asked by RainingHeart at 9:46 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• RainingHeart, you gave one of the best answers (4th from the top).

I'm not a Fmr President Bush support - not by a long shot. But I do believe he TRIED to protect the country. Now his methods are extremely questionable, but it was his intention to protect the country, and I don't think ANYONE should fault him for that.

But his legacy will be an awful one - there's no getting around that.

1. Commanded the Iraq War, when he should have been commanding the Osama bin Laden war.

2. Eroded a lot of freedoms with the Patriot Act.

3. Wasn't tough on enviromnental standards.

4. Had a Republican presidency with a republican controlled congress for most of his term, and STILL didn't do much of anything about abortion.

5. Walked into the office with Clinton's $10 billion budget surplus and walked out with a $10 trillion deficit.

He's already being labeled the worst president in history.
    ChocolateRiver

Answer by ChocolateRiver at 2:35 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I think thats hard to say right now. They say history with our presidents isnt really known for about 10 yrs after they leave office because it takes about that long to know what their presidency did. I think right now he will be remembered for freeing Iraq, keeping additional terror attacks from happening, a bad economy and things like that. In 10 yrs though who knows?

Answer by gemgem at 9:48 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• well duh obama will be remembered for the first mixed president. thats the main thing- thats why someone would ask a question like that being that he's only been in office for what two weeks?

Bush- He will be remembered for standing up for his country and protecting us after 9/11
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:49 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Protecting the rights pf Americans after 9/11

Protecting the rights of the unborn as best as possible

Giving prescription help to seniors
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I will remember him trying to pull the country together after 9/11, but I will always be disappointed that he tried to use 9/11 to fuel the fire towards Iraq. There will always be some question in my mind about starting the war in Iraq too soon, and for the wrong reasons.

I also think that finding Osama Bin Laden should have been the priority after 9/11. Not starting a war in Iraq. He is STILL out there and STILL a threat.
    RainingHeart

Answer by RainingHeart at 10:01 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I think that his personality is kind hearted. He seems like a gentleman, much like I remember Pres. Reagan to have been. I would be very proud to have met either one of these men.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:15 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Shredding the constitution.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 10:16 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Nothing but reckless, dangerous decisions, a cowboy "stay the course" no matter what regarding wars of choice - for the profit of a few cronies , all about oil, and he will be remembered for being responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi women and children, their blood is on his hands, and I only hope he gets whatever he deserves for this. He is a pig-headed lunatic who took our country down a dark and dangerous road. He is in one word - a Monster.
    LilDi

Answer by LilDi at 10:18 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• IMO, remembered for bringing us out of recession in spite of 9/11, keeping us from another attack thus keeping us safe, freeing millions of oppressed muslim women which in essence changed the course of their history, freeing millions of oppressed from Saddam Hussein's murderous reign, tax cuts stimulating the economy, bringing moral integrity back to the White House.........
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 10:20 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Huh Blessed5X???

We are STILL in a recession...we have not pulled out of it. It is still here.
    RainingHeart

Answer by RainingHeart at 10:30 AM on Jan. 30, 2009