I asked this last night- But didn't get many answers so Im asking again :)

Do you know if you have to start your period before starting nuva ring?
I haven't had a period since I quit taking the pill in September- went to the doctor she told me if I don't start by march come back- but she gave me sample of Nuva ring and so I've been waiting to take that.. I don't know if I HAVE to wait or not- or I don't know if I should to see if my period will even come by march?

krazyash023

Asked by krazyash023 at 9:54 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Health

• Ok- I did not follow all of the rules- I loved the nuvaring because I could use it to seriously shorten my periods. I put it in the day i got it (about midway through my cycle) and then took it out 28 days later- skipping a period entirely and in effect just making my cycle fit the ring, not the ring fit the cycle. i had no problems and no pregnancies while on the ring. I would give the ring time to work though, I waited a week before having unprotected sex for the first cycle. (I think they say 3 days but I wans't taking chances)
    as always i must repeat the above ladies and say your dr can tell you best.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 11:06 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• generally you need a period so you know where you are in your cycle
    give that one more month then if you haven't started she can give you something to bring it on.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 9:57 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• If you didn't get an answer last night it might be because we have no idea on this one, I would call your Dr and ask him/her for the best and most accurate information regaurding your concerns/questions. Sorry wish I could help more but IDK.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:58 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• When my dr. put me on it to regulate my cycle, both she and the insert in the package said to put it in on the first day of my period. So, I would take that to mean you would need your period, but since you aren't getting one, I'd say call the dr and ask her what you should do. It stopped my period the first time I put it in, so for you, it may start your period when you put it in.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:09 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• This is a question for the doctor. Actually, call and the nurse that answers will likely know and be able to give you the best answer. So sorry no one responded. There might not be alot of experience with this on here.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:50 AM on Jan. 30, 2009