i am married, but i always think about one of my ex boyfriends....

i Have been married for 2 years now. We have 9 month old little boy. I always seem to be thinking how would have been if i would have married him. We were high school sweethearts and i messed up after i graduated. I wanted to make sure there wasnt something better out there for me.6 months later i got with my niow husband i think i moved way to fast. we are happy but we just fuss about the small stuff. help!!!

shortydrb2005

Asked by shortydrb2005 at 10:12 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• I think it's pretty normal to have those "grass is greener on the other side of the fence" thoughts, especially when you have a baby and like you said, you moved quickly. Life is all about fussing about the small stuff!

Was the sex better with the ex bf than with the husband? Is that what is driving your thinking about him often?
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 10:17 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I think about some of my exes sometimes and thank God that I didn't end up with any of them. Reminds me of that Garth Brookes song about unanswered prayers. But to answer you, I think it's normal to wonder "what if". We're all human, after all.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 10:24 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I think it happens to all of us. I have messed up alot of relationships also and am now in one myself and am 7 1/2 month's pregnant. I think due to the fact my x was actually my first real love he will be hard to forget. I know guys do the same thing they just don't admit it. Just like you don't forget who you lost your virginity too you also cant forget your real loves of your life. But I know my x was an A- hole and I'm glad I messed up now...cant trust him as far as I can throw him lol
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 11:02 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• You are not the only one. I sometimes have dreams of one of my ex's and worry I might talk during my sleep. I don't know why I think of him every now and then. I was 15! (I'm 21 now). I think it's because he was very popular, cute, the principal's hot son haha. But he was a player had one girl and another 2 on the side. He says I was the only girl he didn't cheat on. (yeah, whatever). Well he kept trying to get back with me but I was with my now hubby. His sister was one of my best friends and kept telling me that he always asked about me and if I was single yet. Well my hubby is the love of my life, wouldn't trade him for the world. There is still that what if he really would have changed for me, but I know I would have gotten my heart broken.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Im with you.. on how you feel.. I'm always thinking about the guys in my past and I don't feel like I have the same 'passion' with my SO. We're not married but have been together only little over a year.. Just remember that there's a reason that they're your ex's.. it wasn't meant to be.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:04 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Im with you.. on how you feel.. I'm always thinking about the guys in my past and I don't feel like I have the same 'passion' with my SO. We're not married but have been together only little over a year.. our daughter is 6 months old.. Just remember that there's a reason that they're your ex's.. it wasn't meant to be. And I'm with faithsmom.. your first love is very hard to forget.. I'm still trying on that one too.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• i think weve all been there dont think he dont think of hes ex es he does just ask one day and look at hes face. we all r human and 4 anyone to say they dont do it r liers, thats life hun dont feel bad.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes I Wonder About My Ex Husband, But He Was An A$$ And He Left Me But He Wants Me Back And I Wonder If I Made The Right Decision To Be With My SO. I Know I Made The Right Decision Though. Doesn't Make It Any Easier. Plus My Ex Was Awesome In Bed (Except The Last Two Times It Was Awkward) And My SO Is Just Good.
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 5:47 PM on Jan. 30, 2009