Last Will and Testament of an adopted person

2 birth certificates - how about 2 death certificates?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZWnFD9TF7M&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I really like this video. "staple them together make them one and then I will have died a complete man."

What do you think?

adopteeme

Asked by adopteeme at 5:05 AM on Jun. 9, 2012 in Adoption

• meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:58 AM on Jun. 9, 2012

• I am truly saddened by this 'satire", it is 'heart-breaking comedy' at its best!
    The point Brian makes is so very poignant, especially since reality of adoption dictates that 'In the best interest' of a child, we give them a fake identity, and they will in turn go on and never feel any differently about this !
    I cannot imagine being a U.S. Citizen , and not being allowed access to who I really am, just cannot imagine it:(
    As a Firstmom is breaks my heart, I cannot imagine (especially in todays world), ever becomming a woman who adopts, then erases 'my" new childs existence, by replacing my name as the Mother who gave birth...just cannot imagine that , either!
    Worst case scenario...why not list Birthing Mother, then Adopting Mother?
    Thanks adopteeme, brought about many different emotions for me...but none more than sadness:( JHMO!
    ceejay1_iz_back

Answer by ceejay1_iz_back at 11:16 AM on Jun. 11, 2012

• I am adopted, I didnt watch it but I like that my BC has my MOTHER who raised me name instead of the the drugged out bitch that gave birth to me.

She was my bio mom yes but she was NOT MY MOTHER
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Jun. 11, 2012

• staple them together make them one and then I will have died a complete man.

paper doesn't make you a person- life does
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:36 AM on Jun. 11, 2012

• ^^ Yes. That. ^^
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 11:58 AM on Jun. 11, 2012

• Maybe he would feel complete by the JUSTICE of having the 2 dcerts and proving the forgery involved in have 2 bcerts.

Forgery is considered a felony crime by the Fed gov and all 50 states (unless it's THEM making and altering illegitimate or false documents)
    adopteeme

Comment by adopteeme (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Jun. 11, 2012

• Anonymous adoptee,
    Having the true Unaltered details of your birth in writing doesn't make or break the love you have for the Mother that raised you.

It'd be different if it named the woman who Mothered you best. I understand that. But truth is, your Amom did not give birth to you.
    adopteeme

Comment by adopteeme (original poster) at 8:49 AM on Jun. 12, 2012

• It is heart breaking to hear so many people feeling incomplete. This is why records being open and access granted to those who are adoptees is imparitive. The other day I was listening to an NPR story of an adoptee. So touching. She did reunite with her birth mother. Her birth father died one year before she could locate him. For her she found some peace. But how better for her to one day die having contact with both her mother and her father. Or that he never met her. Sad. I provide my child with all names and contact information. We preserved every tiny thing so he can be more at peace with the events of his life as they unfolded. It is odd to me not to give this to everyone. I can understand wanting and choosing no contact. I respect that. What I don't care for is putting up a road block so that every one is denied opportunity and access.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:32 PM on Jun. 12, 2012

• For the people that don't believe that a BC is a very important piece of paper and and adoptees right, are you adopted? If you are I would like to hear why you think this. It's true paper doesn't make you a person but it is and adopted person's right to have their OBC, it's their past, its the truth about their beginning in life.I would personally like to see both sets of parents on the BC.Since it is not an option now, i have all 3 of my kids OBC for them! The video made me cry.
    lilsweetpea708

Answer by lilsweetpea708 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 12, 2012

• 'Paper doesn't make the person..life does..." HMMMM, to me it is vitally important, I would throw a s**t fit, if I was be discriminated against by our own Government, and I would be so totally hurt if my parents did not do everything in their power to back me ,being given e very same rights afforded every other U.S. Citizen. Now SHAME ON anyone who s suggesting this is about the Firstmom/Birthmom/Naturalmom...it is not, and it damn sure isn't about "druggie moms"! To that I say, without that "druggie mom', you would not have the wonderful kind " who raised , and are your 'real" parents. , and Save the gratitude thing, I do not want to hear it. This is about having the same rights as I do, as most everyone around me does...it is about giving ALL citizens the same axcess to "who they" intended to be originally, so their families, and their families will indeed have true records..medical and otherwise!
    ceejay1_iz_back

Answer by ceejay1_iz_back at 9:42 AM on Jun. 14, 2012