Let's be honest.. adult content

How many of you got hit with a belt, strap, etc? Are you a well adjusted adult or do you think you were abused ? If you did , how often did you go do the same shit that you to in trouble for?

I got my rump tore up , I'm fine. Learned my lesson.

Mrs_Harsh

Asked by Mrs_Harsh at 9:13 AM on Jun. 9, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• Only with hands, no objects and it served me as well. So I do the same with my children.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:29 AM on Jun. 9, 2012

• I got spanked twice
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 9:03 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• My parents whooped my butt, when I was bad. I do not feel abused
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 7:17 PM on Jul. 6, 2012

• I was spanked with many different things. A hand, a belt, a switch from a tree. I never had bruises from the spankings and they stopped when I was about 9 or 10. There were not that many of them. I don't feel abused, I don't feel that I was violated in any way by this form of discipline. I did spank my own kids and they say they do not feel abused or violated either.

The things that hurt me the most as a child were words, not spankings. Words and other things like eye rolling or smirking. More sublte abuse. But spankings, no.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 1:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2012

• I have never been hit. I have never hit my child.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 14, 2012

• My opinion never changes, never.
    oli2021

Answer by oli2021 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2012

• I was never spanked as a kid. I, too, am fine. I think I turned out pretty well. My parents were smart people who knew that discipline means "to teach", and did a good job of teaching without hitting. I'm raising my kids the same way.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 3:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2012

• We never hit our kids and I was never hit, but hubby's mom use to beat him with a belt....this is exactly why he did not believe in violence with our own.....it isn't a nice memory.....

Answer by older at 9:58 AM on Jun. 10, 2012

• I wish I could find some of these abusive parents that were described here and punish them and show them how wrong they were, avenge them for you myself. It just breaks my heart to read what some of you lovely Moms have had to endure from people who are supposed to love you. And one Mom says it is still happening and she is not okay. Please, don't let that happen to you. You do not deserve it. Nobody deserves abuse.
    . It should not have happened to you,ever. I am so sorry.
    lga1965

Answer by lga1965 at 12:47 AM on Jun. 10, 2012

• I can't remember ever being spanked. My parents were strict, but I guess not much into spanking. I was always quite well behaved, I learned my lessons, lol.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 9, 2012