How do YOU make friends on Cafemom?!?

I try but sometimes I feel like I am doing something wrong, so I am turning to YOU (my fellow moms) for advice.

BaByNoAhsMoMma

Asked by BaByNoAhsMoMma at 11:11 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't. I'm a loner. I let them come to me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Same as above for me.. If someone wants to be my friend, okay. But I won't go out looking for them. It usually works out alright!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 11:47 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• i only join groups that have some sort of interest to me. i was in a breastfeeding group, but there were way too many people there and too many of them were horrible to mothers who gave formula. some of the bigger groups are so impersonal, it's hard to find people you might actually get along with. i'm an atheist, so i joined an atheist group and found a few cool chicks in there, i am a supporter of marijuana legalization, so i joined MOMSLOM, and found a lot of very cool girls there too. just look for groups that are about some of your interests, then it will be easier to find friends. and you don't have to worry about being best buds with people, i have lots of friends who don't agree with me on some of my interests, and we still get along just fine. it's the support that you give and get that earn you friends.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 12:34 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I let them come to me. I know someone who comes here regularly in person but I knew her before we chatted online.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I haven't actually requested a lot of friends... most of them requested me. It's not that I don't want friends, I'm just not a very outgoing person in real life and a bit of that carries over to here I guess.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• i joined some groups for moms from my area. i have sent out request but only like 5, they accepted tho. and if some one else send a invite then i accept. another good way is by answering other moms questions. they can tell what type of person you are by your answers. you mite have something in common with the asker or other moms that have answered.
    JuJu_Bean

Answer by JuJu_Bean at 12:54 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I'm not really looking for friends on here. I like browsing, chatting, posting, but I just don't have time in my busy life to add more friends right now. Doesn't that sound awful? Friendships take work and I am just overloaded these days.
    Anonymous

• I have made most of my friends by answering questions.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 3:42 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I Used Too Just Request Every One In My Area But That Wasn't Such A Good Idea. I Joined Some Groups And I Answer A Lot Of Questions, That's How I Normally Make Friends.
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 9:04 PM on Jan. 30, 2009