What are the best chicken wings to buy to make at home?

Having a superbowl party again and wanted opinions on wings.

jenniferlee_12

Asked by jenniferlee_12 at 11:24 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Food & Drink

• i buy the fresh wings in the meat section and hooters sauce and make them... the frozen ones never taste good enough i think. i also like them best fried, but if you don't have a fryer i'd bake them until they are cooked then fry them in a sauce pan at the end to make the skin crispy. then dip in sauce and enjoy...

i really want wings now
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 11:31 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• My husband and I have been making wings a lot lately, he loves them. We use the frozen kind..I have actually found that the Aldi's brand work really well, and are the right size. We have found that some of the other brands are going to Jumbo size, and they are just too big.
    We fry them in our deep fryer (usually takes 20-30 min. from frozen), when they are done frying we put them in a bowl with a tight lid, and shake them in the sauce until they are covered. We use RedHot Wing Sauce, the original. They have turned out great each time.
    Best of luck...enjoy the wings!
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• We like the Kroger frozen wings. They are big and juicy. I bake them in the oven and baste them over and over with Jack Daniel's honey BBQ sauce. OMG they are to die for!!!!!!!!!
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 4:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Well I bought the fresh one because they were cheaper and my husband made me go buy the frozen ones because he said that the other ones were too big. We normally get the Walmart ones, but I wanted to try something different. Thanks
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 9:20 AM on Feb. 2, 2009