Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

twins in arizona

my mom lives in AZ and her friend is having twins. Does anyone know if there is any way she can get govt. help out there? she makes to much they said for WIC but she is a single parent going to have twins. any help would be great.

Answer Question

Asked by izzismom08 at 11:27 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • all she can do is go to the DSHS office and apply and see what happens.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

  • She might make too much for WIC, but still qualify for reduced rent, childcare, medical insurance, etc. Tell her to check out the states website (if she can get access) and fill out each and every form they offer. Sometimes you may not "qualify" for something, but if you are on the list and there isn't a full roster of people for the service then she could get on it.

    Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

  • OH...and she should contact her utility companies and see if she qualifies for any discounts. They usually base it off of how many people live in the residence and how much she makes to figure out a reduced rate.

    Also, if baby's dad is not in the picture try to get support (may require visitation, but some guys are willing to give up visitation in exchange for less support money..)

    Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.