4 year old DD

My 4 year old DD informed me when she "pooopsies" it hurts and when she wipes it bleeds. What's that all about!? I asked her how it hurts and she said like a poking. We have a doctors appointment thursday, but any help until then?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Perhaps her stools are a bit hard and it hurts to go. The doctor might be able to feel her abdomen and determine if that's the case.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• i agree... hard stools can tear her a little- I would get her some wet wipes to wipe with so itdoesn't hurt and get her to drink some of that juice that helps soften - get her off sugar filled stuff for a few days.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 11:45 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• she is constipated. Give her juice and raw fruits and vegies...even popcorn will help.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:15 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• if it's bleeding she may have an anal fissure, which is really painful and can happen as a result from constipation. i've been there and it is not pleasant. if she doesn't see a doctor it could hurt for months. the doc will suggest stool softeners, and possibly prescribe a numbing cream so it doesn't hurt to go while it is healing. hope that helps.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2009