Do you think it is ok to drink alcohol around your kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes, providing it's a moderate amount, there's nothing wrong with them being aware of it.
    HNK11

Answer by HNK11 at 11:43 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• drinking beerIf you do this on occasion No! I don't see why not but if they see you with a bottle all day long Yes it is bad.Just pounding away then it will make them curious and maybe want to try it some day I mean there will be a day where they are going to try something new but will have a very good memory of the parent drinking. So kind of do it when they are sleeping or don't over do it.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:47 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Absolutely, and at the same time you do it responsibly, explaining that alcohol in moderation is fine and that you NEVER Drink and Drive!
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 11:47 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• well i lived in a house with an alcohol so i wouldn't. i don't drink because of that. i remember a garbage can just for his beers and vodka bottles. it traumatized me. i don't go to parties where you know people want to get trashed because of that lol but i don't think its wrong if its a little here and a little there. and as long as you dont get drunk in front of your kids. like my husband at family parties will have a beer or two or if we go out to eat he might get one... i don't mind but we don't drink here.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• It's fine, as long as you are having one or two (think- if your child broke his leg who would take them to the hospital- right now- that is how I determine if I should drink. ) I would never want my children to see me drunk. I personally only drink when my kids stay the night at their dads or at gramma's house, but I have had a glass of wine with them here.
    I also don't drink beer, just don't like it, and only drink my girly drinks once or twice a year- but that's just because it's not my thing .
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 11:54 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• If your having a drink or two yea i think its fine but I dont think your should get drunk in front of them!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I have a small mini bar in my house and on occation I have a drink or two even sometimes when I'm making dinner its ok in moderation.
    BxMetroMom718

Answer by BxMetroMom718 at 12:14 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I grew up in an alcoholic home as well so I am biased against it any alcohol in my home. However, in the last couple years my husband and I have had a drink or two when they are all sleeping and we throw it away when we are done. I guess I don't see anything wrong with a drink every now and then, but I like to know that I can drive (with no drinks at all) in case of an emergency.
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 12:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I think it's OK in moderation. I personally don't do it because my kids always want to drink what Mommy's drinking and I try to not drink things I wouldn't let them drink... I normally won't even drink soda unless they're in bed.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 12:27 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• kids learn what they live. If you are ok with that then I guess it's ok. At least teach them that drinking is for adults and to drink responsibly when they grow up and start it. I personally won't allow my kids or grandkids around anyone who drinks in front of them. It's just something my parents and grandparents did and I continued to make that choice.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:32 PM on Jan. 30, 2009