when will my belly stop being squishy? AND...

I had my baby a month ago, and I realize I will have little extra weight...but when will the skin stop feeling so squishy there? Also, I am still bleeding a little..when will it stop?

mandylynn19875

Asked by mandylynn19875 at 11:44 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have heard that if you dont work it out now, it may be squishy forever as the ab's separate from the wall or something like that. I havent put too much effort into my abs as I should, but I am slender naturally. My stomach is still very smooshy after my third kid and he is turning 2 next month. I' d like to see the answers too, because I hide my squish whenever I can. ( I hate it!)
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 11:47 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I know this might sound old fashion but try wearing a girdle to help support the squishyness or go to a maternity store and ask for a velcro belt that goes around the belly. It helped me. And it also helps you to train holding your stomach in. Or you can walk on the treadmill or get on the  eliptical or whatever u have. treadmillGL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• My skin still feels spongy and I had my son 19months ago and now we are preggers with number 2 but the spongeness of my tummy never went away. You can lose weight but you will probably always have that little bit of skin cause it is your mommy pouch lol congrats!
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I just practice pulling in my stomach muscles every time I think about it. I bleed for 4-6 weeks after having baby & I breast feed for a minimum of 6 months. Breast feeding helps pull it in for me, not to mention the baby benefits. But at night when I go to bed after the 6 weeks postpartum I just start pulling in my muscles as tight as I can and I try to go to sleep like that. (if possible) then during the day every time you feel the squish pull it in. Your muscles need some retraining. This still helps alot, even if you dont go to the gym or to sit-ups/crunchs at home.
    peppermintkathy

Answer by peppermintkathy at 12:45 PM on Jan. 30, 2009