CAN EGG DONATION HURT CHANCES OF FUTURE PREGNANCY?

I have watched my sister struggle with pregnancy's and so forth. and I seen an add in my local paper about donating eggs, and they cover the expenses and all.. but i couldn't ever give a baby up for adoption just so someone else could have one, but i would be more than happy to donate my eggs and see if that helps someone get pregnant. But can it hurt my chances of a future pregnancy for me and my husband.

Mrs.Williamson

Asked by Mrs.Williamson at 11:45 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nope! You've got lots and lots of eggs that are never expelled during ovulation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• i don't think it would.. i would go and talk too them all about your worries and see what they have too say
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• The way egg donation works is a lot like in vitro fertilization. They give you all kinds of hormones to make you ovulate and to make your ovaries release as many eggs as possible when you do. Then they go in and take them out. It can affect your ovulation for a couple of cycles (making you release more eggs than the normal single one), so if anything it might make it easier for you to get pregnant (with multiples, so watch out!) in the couple of months following the procedure. But it doesn't have any lasting effect.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:55 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• It shouldn't, but you will have to take fertility drugs to stimulate multiple eggs to develop in one cycle. There are some studies that suggest using fertility drugs may increase your odds of getting certain cancers some day, but I think the studies are mostly of women who took high doses multiple times and already had fertility problems, so it may be the fertility problems rather than the drugs that are linked to cancer (and really isn't pretty much everything link to cancer somehow).
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:55 AM on Jan. 30, 2009