Can we sue her or her place of buisness since they refuse to fire her ?

So, yesterday my 13 year old daughter went to get her hair done ( a friend dropped her off, and then I went later to pick her up when she was done)

I was horrified when I got there and seen my daughters SHORT hair .... She is VERy picky about her style and she had long gorgeous hair before and just went in for a trim and a few layers.

At that time the "hair stylist" said it was an accident and that my daughter jerked her head when messing around with her phone ( which i dont buy, because if she is playing with her phone, her head would be looking down and not moving) .... and then she cut it short to match it up ( because she cut a big piece of it ) ... So now she has a short "bobb" which doesnt go with my daughters style at all !

I was pissed because this was suppose to be professionals only, obviously she wasnt!

After we got home my daughter said she thinks the woman did it on purpose because my daughter had said some things about the womans daughter. Her daughter is like 11 and so they go to the same school, but have different friends. And my daughter said that it was just a couple minutes after talking about her daughter is when the "accident" happened.

Today I went back to the salon and asked for the owner, turns out the woman is a co-owner, and therefore will not be fired, and they actually told us to not come back ! As if we would anyways !

My daughter will not come out of her room because she is emabrrassed by her hair, I think this woman needs to pay for hair extensions ( that we will get at a different salon of course) ... when I mention this there today they said no way.

I have already told everyone not to go there, but I am so beyond pissed at this, I think more needs to be done !

My daughter is 13 and right now her looks mean alot to her, and yes, she might have been wrong in talking about the other girl, but that is the age that they do that ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Jun. 10, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• You can take them to small claims court. Did you pay for the cut?
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:29 AM on Jun. 10, 2012

• Your daughter just learned a valuable lesson. Take it and move on. Hair grows back.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:30 AM on Jun. 10, 2012

• that sucks...but hair grows. she wont be scarred for life and when she gets older she will have a great commiseration story about how horrible her hair once looked. you have no proof that this was done on purpose...its your (DDs) word against the hair"stylists". not paying for the haircut and bad mouthing the place to everyone you can is pretty much all you get.

Judge Judy would probably laugh you out of court.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:40 AM on Jun. 10, 2012

• Why would you leave your 13 yr old there alone?? Maybe you should have been there. How do you know she's not a professional. Did you ask to see her licence?? Had you been there you could have checked on this.

If she is not licenced you have a case in the sense that she is operating w/o a licence. If she is licenced and you are not happy with the cut you may be entitled to a refund for the cost of the cut - but you may have to take her to court for it. They are not obligated to fire the person for one unhappy customer - you are not that important. You can also report them to the local Better Business Bureau. If you think the hair stylist is not licence contact the board that license them in your area and file a formal complaint.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:52 AM on Jun. 10, 2012

• Why aren't you supervising your kid?

And teach your daughter to not talk shit about other kids.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 12:54 AM on Jun. 10, 2012

• she is lisened but I meant she wasnt a professional since she cant cut hair and no of course I did not pay her ...

All girls my daughters age talk like that. NBD
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:56 AM on Jun. 10, 2012

• NBD? Are you fucking kidding me?

Someone hold me back, holy shit.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 12:58 AM on Jun. 10, 2012

Well if she is licensed then she is a professional... she just isn't a good one.

If you didn't pay her then you won't get anything in court... small claims court is there to "make you whole" and if you didn't pay then you aren't out anything but a bad haircut. The hair will grow back... your DD just needs to suck it up and take away a lesson learned from the situation.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:01 AM on Jun. 10, 2012

• Let your DD learn her lesson, her hair will grow back. Do NOT (repeat) DO NOT buy her hair extensions, if you do then she'll never learn her lesson.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:11 AM on Jun. 10, 2012

• At 13 I knew better than to talk shit about someone to their MOM wtf?? And the other girl was only 11!? Come on. AnywY, you.can sue for whatever you want but good luck proving your case. You weren't there and all you have is s shit talking teenager against the word of a professional, who IS a professional if she owns her own salon. Plus there is no DAMAGE to sue for. Your daughter would need to be evaluated by a psych to prove mental anguish.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:13 AM on Jun. 10, 2012