ovulation and sex

I am ovulation and ttc. I have a disagreement with my dh. I say that when you ovulate that you should have sex every other day. He says that we should have sex every day. Which one of us is right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• the reason you have sex every other day after your period stops is because it is hard to predict when you will ovulate. There are averages of when a woman with a normal cycle does ovulate but everyone is different, some sooner than later. So unless you are monitoring your cervical fluid or using an ovulation kit or using the basal thermometer method you may not be able to tell when you are ovulating so after your period is over start having sex every other day to make sure you catch your ovulation day! The egg only lasts about 24hrs but the sperm can live inside of you 3-5 days so that's why every other day usually works! Hope this helps I didn't really understand the whole question but I would have sex every other day BEFORE you ovulate if that helps?! Good luck and baby dust!
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 12:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I meant that I am ovulating and ttc. I am using an ovulation kit. Yesterday and today there has been 2 lines (ovulating). Thank you for your answer.
    Anonymous

• Every other day is probably good enough. Every day could deplete the sperm even if your husband has a healthy sperm count. Me and my husband did try and do it every day though from cd10-cd20 or until my chart showed ovulation. If you got positive OPK's yesterday and today, then for sure do the deed on the positive days.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 1:49 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Every day when you know you're most fertile (2-3 days before ovulation), every other day at other times during your cycle.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:55 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I have a chart i used to tell when is the best time to try.
    Let me know.
    The best is every other day until your period is due.
    Also use a product called insteads to hold the sperm from leaking out.
    Also following do not get up for 30 minutes and have a pillow under your hips and butt.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• One more thing missionary position is best too.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• EVERYDAY!!!!!! The every other is a myth. Everyday will just increase the chances of pregnancy.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 30, 2009